Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Champion Idea

Creator: Electro522 September 6, 2014 10:34pm
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Electro522's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 10:34pm | Report
Last night, I was just laying in bed, letting my mind wander, and I happened to come up with quite an interesting idea for a champion. I have seen a couple of people here on MOBAfire that seems to be an Avatar: The Last Airbender fan, and I have to admit, so am I. So I thought, wouldn't it be cool if if our good friend Aang was actually a champion in League of Legends? However, the kit I am thinking for him would be the most complex kit for any champion ever made. Why? He would technically be a transformation champ, but instead of two ability sets, he would have FOUR ability sets, with a total of 13 abilities (14 if you include his passive).

(I'm not going to name any of the abilities, simply because he has SO MANY)

(Also, do note that I made alot of his abilities based off of other champion abilities, but I tried my best to tweak them a bit to make them somewhat unique)

What I want him to be able to do is quickly switch between ability sets for some interesting combos, but also be able to specialize into 1 or more ability sets. His passive allows him to do this, by refreshing the cooldown on all abilities when ever he changes ability sets. Also, his passive gives him certain buffs when in a different ability set (do take note, that these passive buffs do not persist when he changes ability sets. In fact, they are immediately removed when he changes)

Air grants bonus movement speed and tenacity

Water grants bonus ability power and mana regen. If Aang is standing in water, these effects are doubled.

Earth grants bonus armor, and magic resist

Fire grants bonus attack damage, and attack speed. If Aang is standing near fire, these effects are doubled.

Auto attacks also differ depending on which ability set Aang is using.

Air auto attacks will not deal damage, but will grant Aang +3 movement speed, stacking up to 8 times.

Water auto attacks are simple ranged attacks.

Earth auto attacks are melee attacks that deal damage in a small area.

Fire auto attacks are simple melee attacks.

Every ability set will have a certain focus to it, each having its own strengths and weaknesses:

Air would be focused on speed and maneuverability. He would be very hard to lock down, catch up to, or out run when in the air ability set. However, to stay true to the show, since Air Benders made it their way of life never to kill someone, all of the air abilities will not deal any damage whatsoever.

Q: Aang lets out a torrent of wind, pushing back all enemies in a cone. Every enemy champion that is knocked back gives Aang +5 movement speed for 2 seconds.

W: Aang creates a ball of air beneath him that lasts for 5 seconds, giving him a large boost in movement speed that slowly decays over time. If activated again, Aang will jump off of the ball and travel a short distance (this can be used to go over terrain)

E: Aang violently stirs up the wind in a traget area, kicking up the dust to blind and slow enemies.

Water will be primarily focused on crowd control. However, this is where Aang uses the most mana, and if he stays in water form for too long, he will quickly run out.

Q: Aang throws a water whip in a target direction, snaring and dealing damage to the first enemy hit. If the whip lands on an enemy champion, Aang pulls the champion towards him for a very short distance.

W: Aang pushes a torrent of water out of the ground, knocking up all enemy units in an area. If a unit is impaired (slowed, stunned, snared, etc.) when knocked up, they are slowed for a short duration afterwards.

E: Aang sends out a line of water that will collide with the first enemy champion it hits, stunning them for 2 seconds. After .5 seconds of being stunned, the stunned champion will slowly walk towards Aang for the remaining of the duration. (BLOOD BENDING BABY!!!)

Earth will focus on defense, and zone control. The downsides to Earth, though, is that all of the abilities have slightly longer cast times, making them easy to dodge, or work around.

Q: Aang slams the ground, dealing damage to all enemy units in an area around him, and slowing them. If a champion is hit, Aang is granted vision of them for a short duration.

W: Aang summons rocks to cover his body, creating a temporary shield that lasts for 6 seconds. If Aang uses the shield with his ball of air, the bonus movement speed boost is cut in half. If Aang uses the shield with Fire's Q, it gets a 25% increase in damage (air and earth do not work well together, but fire and earth can work very well together).

E: Aang creates an impassable wall in a target area that can not be dashed or jumped over (by enemies or allies). This wall also blocks all enemy projectiles (this seems to be a popular mechanic amongst Riot right now, so why not?).

Fire is all about damage. Since the Fire Nation was all about overpowering their enemies, I figured it would be best to make Fire where Aang gets most of his damage. The downside to Fire is that it has no crowd control whatsoever. If you want engage/disengage, do not pick Fire. In a duel however...

Q: Aang strikes a target enemy 5 times (this is a channeled ability) in quick succession, and dealing damage with each hit. Aang's attack speed determines as to how fast these 5 hits are placed onto the target champion.

W: Aang blasts a target enemy unit with a fire ball, burning them for a short duration. Any subsequent auto attacks onto the unit from Aang for the duration of the burn will deal extra damage.

E: Aang empowers his next auto attack, blasting all enemies behind the target in a cone.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, are his 4 ability sets. But, I have yet to talk about his ultimate. Since he is technically a transform champion, his ultimate isn't really an ultimate, it just changes his abilities. However, it works differently then simply toggling between ability sets like Nidalee, Jayce, and Elise can do.

When you hit "R" (or whatever button you have set for ultimates), Aang's abilities quickly change to show you what button will change to what ability set. For example, if you want to go from Air to Fire to Earth to Water, and back to Air, you would have to press the buttons in this order: R,R,R,E,R,W,R,Q. Q = Air; W = Water; E = Earth; and R = Fire. This allows Aang to quickly switch between ability sets. Add in the fact that his passive refreshes the cooldowns on all of his abilities when he switches ability sets, EXCEPT his ultimate. His ultimate ability will have a 2 second cooldown regardless of any cooldown reduction. Yes, he will have the only ability that will not be affected by cooldown reduction. I understand how powerful this can be. Putting a 2 second cooldown on his ultimate limits his power by a decent amount, but still gives him that quick changing power.

The way I imagine Aang being played well is by using all of his ability sets in the way they are meant to be used, and pulling off some very fancy combos. He would be difficult to catch, kill, and duel, but only if the player knows exactly what he is doing. Even a single mistake in any of his combos will more then likely cost Aang his life.

So, you are in control of quite possibly the most powerful champion on the rift, but due to his complexity and extremely high skill cap, do you think you would be able to master Aang, or simply die trying?

Do take note that all of the abilities are simply ideas. If you guys have a better idea as to how to improve Aang, by all means, let me know. I want to see what you guys think of this.
Thank you jhoijhoi for the sig!
abdollah
<Member>
abdollah's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 10:52pm | Report
not bad. sent it to Riot and maybe we'll meet him/her some day :D

GG
Some Say The World Will End In ... Zombies !!!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:39pm | Report
So he's like Invoker but in a League of Legends sort of way where you'd have to switch through every stance?
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:40pm | Report
Invoker? I have never heard of that.
Yes, that is Morgana. A thank you to Ubnoxius for this sig!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:41pm | Report
Electro522 wrote:
Invoker? I have never heard of that.

Check DotA/DotA2 and you'll get what I mean.
abdollah
<Member>
abdollah's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2014 11:53pm | Report
I hated that bastard invoker and the insane bot would always kill you when you where in the fog of war.
Some Say The World Will End In ... Zombies !!!
Electro522
<Guide Critic>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 12:16am | Report
So he's like Invoker but in a League of Legends sort of way where you'd have to switch through every stance?

He is like Invoker, but also not. Invoker uses the combination of elements, whereas Aang doesn't really. The only time you can really combine anything is the shield + ball or shield + Fire Q.

Invoker essentially has to build his kit on his own, although, he can continue to manipulate it. Aang uses all 4 kits in order to pull of some interesting combos. For example, you would be able to put on the shield, tank a bit of damage, hit the Fire Q, return ALOT of damage, push your enemy back, snare them, blast them with a fireball, put your shield back on, and hit them again with Fire Q to do even mroe damage then the first one, then run away on the ball right after rising a wall in their face. Invoker is nothing like that.

I did intentionally design him to be something of a mix between Udyr and Lee Sin simply because I felt thats how he would work best.
The_Nameless_Bard made this sig!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 5:40am | Report
So like invoker except because he's in LoL he becomes overpowered.

Basically MOBAFire.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2014 1:42pm | Report
I actually made practically the same concept two years ago, but with different theme.

Here it is

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide