Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Doran's shield on some AP carries?

Creator: Lugignaf September 2, 2011 1:59pm
1 2 3 4
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 9:29am | Report
20 HP is a huge difference. 20% difference in fact.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 10:08am | Report
Except that boots+3hp, Null magic+2 pots, and cloth+5hp are all better starts than a doran's shield.

One of the reasons that starting Doran's Shield on Karthus works is because Karthus is a very light character, and you could pretty much build anything on karthus and still be very useful to your team as him.

Last game i played as karthus i dunked, (wriggles+boots of mobility+4 zeals) and i just had to drop a wall and i grabbed red buff and perma slowed them, making it easy to kill stragglers, even when they were characters like full tank Garen, or Singed.

It's kind of silly.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 12:14pm | Report
Well yes and no. If you have 2 Doran's shields, that's perma lane against most tanky AD types who can't deal that much damage.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 12:29pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Well yes and no. If you have 2 Doran's shields, that's perma lane against most tanky AD types who can't deal that much damage.

I would much rather rush a chain vest, or some sort of cheap armor item like wriggles if I'm AD, or Chain Vest to build into some tank item or Zhonya's.

But honestly, i wouldn't work on winning fights with tanky ad, i'd work on winning trades.

In which case, you want CDR, AP, and Magic Pen as an AP carry.
Tri lane for life.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2011 1:35pm | Report
You won't be building 2 doran's shields against AP carry :p You'd build nega + regen pendant.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide