Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Duo Junglers. Think of the possibilities!

Creator: Adonikam November 2, 2010 1:57pm
1 2 3
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 1:57pm | Report
Alright, before you shut this down completely. This idea just hit me last night. Imagine if the enemy team didn't have a jungler, if you had TWO junglers you could take advantage of their fault. Of course you couldn't walk across their middle lane or you'd be seen and destroyed so I looked at the map of Summoner's Rift and said "EUREKA!". Take a look at my picture.

Both the RED and BLUE jungles (as I've colored them) contain the same amount AND same type as a typical purple vs blue jungle would. Imagine the possibilities!
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 2:33pm | Report
It makes sense but since there are now 2 solo lanes then the enemy team would obviously think that something is wrong. The chances of getting ganked while jungling is increased. If the enemy team had no clue why there are 2 no actually 3 solo lanes counting mid then it would work.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 3:04pm | Report
You'd definitely need more ward coverage and when you started ganking then the cats out of the bag.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 3:15pm | Report
Tried this some times. Vailed sometimes. other times it went ok.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 8:11pm | Report
A friend and I recently discussed this, the leveling advantage for everyone. The possibility that your 2 junglers could run together. This providing them to gank the other teams 1 jungler or avoid getting successfully ganked by the other team. Your idea of jungling separately would be a better idea due to leveling and would be more reliable depending IF the other team wasn't jungling AND you had good map awareness.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 9:21pm | Report
So instead of just discussing this I'll tell you my experience with the duo jungler tactic. I've played against this tactic about 6 times now and I haven't lost a single time to it. It's almost instant win when I see 2 smites on the other team.

It fails because..
1.) In the 2v1 lanes I make sure my team harrasses the **** out of the solo player and deny them from getting any last hits. I also make them recall frequently so they lose experience which, in turn, makes me higher leveled then them.
2.) Sight wards will shut down anyone trying to get to any of my teams buffs.
3.) A good team should never lose to a duo jungle team. I know I haven't yet so either it doesn't work because of the above reasons, or the players I went against are doing it wrong.

Combos I've seen:
1. WW + Olaf
2. Fiddle + Udyr
3. Nunu + Amumu (that one was close, almost lost, obviously normal 5v5 because I usually ban Amumu).
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 2, 2010 10:29pm | Report
Being overly aggressive will not get you very far against me. I have solo laned before (with Evelynn) against Warwick and Miss Fortune. They didn'y play bad, obviously considering the circumstances I will reveal.

We had our solo mid and 2 at top. Our Cho'Gath was supposed to lane bottom with me but disconnected at the very beginning of the game. I was stuck by myself against Warwick and Miss Fortune so I had to greatly alter my playstyle. They pushed me back and took out the first turret rather quickly but I was also 6/0 by the time they reached the second one. I had greater level advantage than everybody on the field including solo mid. I could easily overwhelm absolutely every champion.

Given that there might have been even one jungler, I would have probably been about 9/0 or 6/0/3. The field advantage from having one turret wasn't very helpful considering the fact that absolutely any champion dumb enough to push that far would simply die.

Imagine that ridiculous level advantage with even more champions AND actually having 2 junglers. It can work if your solo laners play smart, especially against your overly aggressive harassing the hell out of the solo laner.

In essence, it fails if they aren't playing right. You can also take into accaount that they also have a thing such as wards to avoid being ganked...obviously.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2010 2:29am | Report
I found duo jungling ok but not nessesary an option on solo and solo. I saw a pretty baddass Nunu+Olaf combo that was jungling together. No chance of getting ganked, fast lvling and incredible gank capabilities... imagine additional 2 ppl jumping on you from nowhere.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
cupocappuccino
<Member>
cupocappuccino's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 9:36am | Report
You've definitely raised the possibilities of more successful ganks but if the opposing team know you have two junglers, which won't take long to realize, then you'll have more turret hugging which will drive your team mates insane!

I think if you are aiming for successful ganks, you're going to want a Twitch or Shaco to be doing those. Not necessarily a duo jungler team. The reason for that is if Twitch recalls then no one will suspect a mia until it's too late.

Also, as someone said earlier, if you find that the other team has two junglers, just buy more wards and place them wisely. Let each member sacrifice some money to play those wards around the place.

Another good idea, I think, is to team up with another of your team mates, sneak past some of the neutral monsters and kill them. That will slow down the leveling of the other team's junglers. It also won't be a bad idea to roam through your forest because the junglers will be at low HP in the first few minutes of the game as they try to reach level 5 and 6 from the jungle only.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 26, 2011 9:50am | Report
HOLY EPIC NECRO BATMAN!!!
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide