Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feral Flare: Good or Bad?

Creator: Janitsu April 5, 2014 5:21am
1 2
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 5:21am | Report
relevant:

so, thoughts?
NateDog13
<Member>
NateDog13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 5, 2014 6:41am | Report
Personally, I just feel that wriggles just still isn't viable, and yeah Feral Flare is better over time, but the meta is currently thriving off of counter junglers and heavy gankers either pre-6 or level 6 to 11 (with... TONS OF DAMAGE). It just doesn't really give you any dueling power in the jungle until you can pick up the flare, unless your champion can deliberately out duel the other jungler just based on kit (and hopefully having completed wriggles by the time they have a spirit item). And even then, they can just steal every large minion monster they possibly can to stall out your Flare and any stacks you could possibly gain once you have it. But idk, we'll see how people take to it, I wouldn't be surprised to see it get thrown to the side once again.
-Check out my Yasuo Guide (Click the Picture above, 4 Current Builds)!-
-Honorable Mention In The S4 Guide Contest!-

utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 3:31am | Report
Another thing to note is that this item scales throughout the game. While getting this item basically concedes most early game presence you'd have as a jungler due to lantern's bad stats, the item would get increasingly powerful as the game progresses, so much so that something like Feral Flare -> other damage item -> Tanky items could be seen on more junglers
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 4:57am | Report
Yeah, the best combo seems to be Feral Flare+ Wit's End and then the rest tanky. Obviously works best on Warwick, but someone like Xin or Udyr could use that aswell. And I will test many more like GP ;).

Shyvana should be also really strong with it, dat Twin Bite.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 6:33am | Report

I got NicknameMy's opinion on it.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 6, 2014 7:56am | Report
I don't see Feral Flare becoming a major thing. Like Foxdrop stated, it's very farm-oriented and doesn't provide a power spike. Elder Lizard still seems much better, as it scales with level, deals true damage, also provides a good clear time and solo-ing dragon isn't a thing anymore since Season 1.
Last Primarch
<Member>
Last Primarch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2014 1:58pm | Report
I've been exploring Feral Flare on WW, whose base build for me has always to rush Wit's End. This has proved very successful for me, and I've actually used Feral Flare to straight up replace it. I've already posted my alternate Feral Flare build in my guide, so you can go there for details, but the basics I've found are this: It is very solid as a clearing tool, soloing dragon and baron(on WW) is both very possible and not something to casually dismiss, and the extra ward never hurts. I follow it up with a Frozen Heart and then a Zeke's Herald. In short, I rely heavily on working with a team and use it to farm gold specifically for my team's use in those fights.
"Our flaws make us interesting, our virtues merely make us tolerable."
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 10:12am | Report
I rather prefer combining Feral Flare and Wit's End to completly demolish anyone. If my lategame will be rather damage focused, I get Blade of the Ruined King to basically one-shot any carry. In a competetive team based around Warwicks AS-buff, it will be definitly better to go your way, but in solo queue you must deal the damage. Also, Heal works very well on Warwick now, it also has more utility than Flash through its changes.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 4:22pm | Report
HELLA GOOD

Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 9, 2014 4:43pm | Report
Psi and i talked about it a bit the other night. i think even though it is hella good, it relies more on your team because it is still a farm heavy item. the more you farm the better it gets, but the more you farm the less you can gank. i don't think it provides the early presence that say elder lizard gives you.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide