Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Granite Boots, item idea.

Creator: DuffTime February 9, 2012 11:01am
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 13, 2012 11:11am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Spell shield would have to be balanced somehow, maybe CD or item effects. Would be fun though. QSS sounds OP when you describe it to someone, but it's not. Anyway that wasn't really my point.

Imagine you're playing against a Singed. You buy Granite Boots. It is now 5v4. See what I mean?

If you're not against any champions with a popup, the boots are 100% useless.

Malz, QSS, is that a 4v5? I dunno. I don't think so.

Singed can still buy Rylai's and Randuin's and Shurelya's and slow the entire enemy team and speed his own. He's still the most invincible tank in the game.
niknameisnik
<Member>
niknameisnik's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 5:00am | Report
yea completely op. i wouldnt even be able to play as cho gath becuase they could just buy granite boots. there are just to many champions dependent of pop spells.
Thanks to Miss Maw for the sig!
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 5:05am | Report
They should add boots, which makes your basic attack deal X % of enemy life. Like a mini Madred's Bloodrazor. It would be great item against tanky teams if you don't want to go with Bloodrazor

A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 14, 2012 4:35pm | Report

yea completely op. i wouldnt even be able to play as cho gath becuase they could just buy granite boots. there are just to many champions dependent of pop spells.

That's not true.

If they buy Granite boots, they can't buy MErc treads, and they get DUNKED by all the other CC's in the game like slows and stuns and silences etc.
Tom___zz
<Member>
Tom___zz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 1:29am | Report
Zoki wrote:

What about this:

Boots of Speed 350
Ruby Cristal 475
Rejuvenation Bead 250
Recipe cost 175

Total cost 1200, gives 200 HP, Movement 2 and 10 HP regen.

Change name to Healer Boots?
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:18am | Report
those boots are awful though lol :P
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 11:59am | Report
I like the idea. Normal tenacity does not reduce the stun/disable duration of knockups so I think it's good in the way that is solves a problem in game.

People been saying it's OP, they ARE trading other boots for these. Perhaps ignoring them completely is a little strong, perhaps could do an knockup only popable shield that PsiGuard mentioned, maybe making a knockup into a 20% slow, instead of ignoring it completely?

PsiGuard wrote:
Seems too situational to me. Imagine if there were "100% resistance to frost slows" boots or something like that. Sure, it's really strong against certain champions, but completely useless against most team comps. The usability of the passive seems to skewed towards one set of champions to me. Merc's are different since they affect a wide range of abilities, but only for a portion of the duration.

Ninja Tabi are situational. Boots of Swiftness are situational / champion reliant. You build your tank based on the enemy team. What makes this different than any other item that is "situational"? Not like someone is forcing you to buy it if no one has a knock up.

Jarvan (E+Q), Malphite (R), Alistar (Q and W?), Cho'Gath (Q), Xin Zhao (Q), Wukong (R), Blitzcrank (Q and E?), Singed (Q), Ziggs (W), Fizz (R), Volibear (Q), Gragas (R), Janna (R), Lee Sin (R), Maokai (Q), Orianna (R), Rammus (Q), Riven (Q 3rd proc), Shyvana (R), Tristana (R), Nautilus (R), Sejuani (Q?), Trundle (E?), Anivia (W?), Vayne (E?).

Anyone that I missed?
"Do not rage, do not fear, Joe is here!"
ConMasterFlash
<Member>
ConMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:09pm | Report
Not a fan of this. There are champs that are too reliant on knock-ups to be effective for this to be balanced. For example if you had a support Janna the other team could build an item to completely remove her effective CC other than a slow. This might not be a big deal to most champs, but a 1200g item to Kennen or Amumu to counter their hard counter? Thats OP.

You missed Janna Q as well.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 12:38pm | Report
We could make a list of all the abilities this does not affect if it would put them in better perspective if this counters "too many".

Mercury Treads is not doing enough! Bring these knock-up CC'ers to justice!
"Listen to Joe... he knows what he's doing."
ConMasterFlash
<Member>
ConMasterFlash's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 15, 2012 8:59pm | Report
I think its too perfect of a counter, and there are certainly more abilities this doesnt counter than does.

Its alot like Oracles Elixer vs stealth champions. It counters them perfectly and makes their normal play style completely invalid. This is even worse than oracles because you cant remove it either.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide