Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to Jarvan?

Creator: the chaos bringer 00 May 28, 2014 10:36am
the chaos bringer 00's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 10:36am | Report
I mean, although I have the champion, I don't really know how to play him so I am trying to theorycraft a bit but I can't decide what is better: an assassin like build with the holy trinity of AD is better than an offtank. He scales very well with AD and ArPen but he has also a really strong engage, so... dilemma. Any help?
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 2:22pm | Report
no helperino :(
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 2:30pm | Report
Why don't you look up a guide?
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 3:01pm | Report
I will but, I just want to come up with a build of my own, or at least one that I think it goes best with him...
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 3:15pm | Report
Well ok then;

Jarvan synergizes well with Armor Pen and AD, meaning good offensive items are: The Brutalizer / Ravenous Hydra. If you're jungling a Hexdrinker is a good optional as well.

He needs to build some defense though, regardless of how you play him so Randuin's Omen and Banshee's Veil are quite necessary.

So, ideally, your standard (core) builds are:

TOP: Ravenous Hydra + Randuin's Omen + Banshee's Veil and possibly Black Cleaver.

Jungle: Spirit of the Elder Lizard + Mercury's Treads + Hexdrinker + Randuin's Omen + Banshee's Veil
Stompu
<Member>
Stompu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 5:20pm | Report
Whenever I played J4 Jungle I'd build almost exclusively tanky, it just works so well for him with his passive etc. I've tried him top a few times with ArmPen and ravenous and its pretty stompy too
TotemTiki
<Member>
TotemTiki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 20, 2014 3:46am | Report
Personally I think J4 should be build sorta like Shyvanna, 1 damage item early and then taniness. J4 can make a top lane annoying, and if he is lucky can use his heavy CC with the help of a gank to get a kill. J4 RIPS teams apart with his CC, making most teamfights one-sided as long as you initiate at the right time. He has a knockup form his combo which will then buff up allies and Cataclysm can turn a fight into a massacre. With a Randuin's Omen, Jarvan can get a massive slow out with the active and Golden Aegis. Building Jarvan like an AD assassin is something you should only do if you are snowballing
TYVM Ubby for this AMAZING Sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide