Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Irelia Theory Crafting

Creator: HeAt November 17, 2010 7:09am
Visfarix
<Member>
Visfarix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 9:01am | Report
Just a bit of theorizing here, but I wonder why most people seem to max bladesurge over equilibrium strike?

As far as I can tell the only reason to put additional points into bladesurge is for increased damage, but even so that doesn't necessarily mean you need to max it out. An additional point here or there should suffice.

On the other hand equilibrium strike will give you both increased slow/stun time and it's got a higher base damage, which seems to me to be more useful in team fights/1v1.
thommygun
<Member>
thommygun's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 9:24am | Report
Ok im new to mobafire.
I posted a build for Irelia and i think Heat is totally right.
She is hard to master and you have to keep that in mind for producing a build.
Ristrict made a post on mine and of cours it was not a good build, I tried it only once with her.
I just wanted to have a high ranked build, but mine is rubbish it will be deleted asap.
So Heat i am waiting for your decent build.
My favs are : Vladimir (Vampire ^ ^), LeBlanc (normally i hate french but not this time), MISS FORTUNE ( FOLTURE)
Valgrave
<Member>
Valgrave's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 11:15am | Report
Ok i've been running Irelia all day today and I think i've cracked her.

I researched this and various other forums for suggestions and gathered ideas and what seems to work for me items wise is sheen>phage>starks>lichbane>frozen mallet then defense items depending on team or if pwning grab defensive attack items like wits end/hexdrinker etc. I'll add a screenshot below to show my proof as I am aware I won't be respected due to not being known on here.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 11:44am | Report
I dont agree with starks or "tanky" irelias, shes an AD champion, as far as ive come with testing hybrids and such, AD works the best so far. i run sword of occult, into trinity into IE, and i have zerk greaves, nothing more, i have also tried a soul stealer on her before trinity force, got my 20 stacks of each to compare with just the occult into trinity force into IE, since her ES is a 1to 1 AP ratio thats 100 free damage at max stacks, and about 400 damage without the proc, about the hitenstyle mandatory, i get level 1 at 3 and keep it at three till ES and BS are maxed, BS over ES then HS. im sorry but building her like xin doesnt seem viable, she SHOULD be built like an akali with snowballing items to carry her through the game, i can even say that i managed to go 20/1/6 with her last night in a premade, she is viable, i love her i love her so much i might main her. riot, you have done a good job on a champion. shes slightly underpowered early game because shes a mid to late game champion. (im still trying to see what works best, but i tell you what PM me ingame ill be on tonight, ill use your build if you use mine, offer stands for everyone, azureknightgx)
Do the impossible, See the invisible, ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 1:15pm | Report
IMO i would rush a heart of gold. or hexdrinker.
regardless, definitely want to go tanky on this *****.

Frozen mallet would work nicely too. maybe abyssal scepter if ur into that sort of thing.

@above,
you are right, she isnt a tank, but she isnt a pure dps either. it doesnt work in high elo, or elo at all for that matter. Although, if you play xin zhao pure dps, then i understand.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 2:03pm | Report
a mallet maybe,although i had tested it sorta, i cant really compare it yet ill do more tonight. but mallet would be endgame, theres no reason to "rush" it 15mins in, but i agree to an extent that she needs some kind of HP eventually after trinity force. but to rule her out of elo after 2 days is meh imo, but i will try getting hex drinker early game. xin is just naturally "tanky" i dont think that she can pull it off. but again, i WILL try the hex drinker and other builds to test. just my opinion. but your right i cant disagree with what you said.
Do the impossible, See the invisible, ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 7:13pm | Report
HEAT, as a Theory-Crafter I am alawys open to comments. You have quesions or concerns, than ask. I wont get as defensive as I did, if had posted. You might have gotten flamed by others, but thats because they dont handle feedback well.

She might have only been out for a few days, but some of us pick up on things faster than most do. That being said, Im one of those players. I've built so many builds, not out if theory, but knowing that some champs can be played like others, by focusing on one trait and building on it, and just by thinking outside the box.

Im all for Theory-crafting a champion, but if you want some feedback, get ahold of peopl. dont worry if you will get flamed. Whats the worst anyone can do? Rage on you like I did? Yeah thats bout it. You wanna craft with people? Mass critism isnt the way to do it.

I admit I was hasty to rage on you like I did, but I felt offened that you didnt take the time to communicate with me. You recgonized that I have a top build, but if you had noticed I will always comment to feedback. In the spirit of Theory-Crafting, Id like to work on this with you, but I only ask that if anything I post confuses you, or you question, Comment.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 8:11pm | Report
Sure.. hop on vent.

cesium.typefrag.com

id love to craft with you. but seriously, in practicality the build you posted i didnt find efficient.. im on the hunt/tracks of a very good one.. very close.. trying to work 1 kink out and i need that 1 person who can figure it out~!
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 8:12pm | Report
Well vent isnt something I can do... Its not my computer so I cant DL it.

Skpye I can. though

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 8:14pm | Report
hehe im a little busy atm but i can hop on vent or skype in a little..
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide