Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Irelia Theory Crafting

Creator: HeAt November 17, 2010 7:09am
1 2 3
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 7:09am | Report
After much skepticism, I am going to prove to all of you that Irelia CAN be viable. Seriously, I know she isn't but hey, at this point, even Katarina isn't.. I will be working for the next week, every game i play will be with her, and will have a build done. Anyone else with vent wanna get involved. I saw a bunch of people posting builds for her which have no real depth, or honestly aren't thought out, they just played the girl, bought random stuff, got fed as she is a new hero and nobody knows what she can do yet, then posted. If anyone is interested you will definitely get credit and/or i will let you post it, i dont care, i just want a good one up.
anyone in? i know she is 6300 but i really love the concept of this hero.
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
Chaotic Scrax
<Member>
Chaotic Scrax's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 7:35am | Report
You say that you have seen all the build that are up, but yet you dont comment on any of them. You said that people played them, bought stuff and they just happened to have a good game? Thats kind of insulting to me, seeing as I have one of the builds out there.

It took me hours of Theory Crafting and research before she became craft-able. I put a lot of thought into her, before I played her. And in theory-crafting, thats half of it. Having studied the game play Ive seen, the ways she could be built, and the researching the items that synergize with her skills, I feel that our build was well built, in depth, and complete. I know that Im repsonsible for half the crafting, I know that my build covers all the things that make a great build.

I only get limited play time, so crafting is more my strength, and Scrax is the one that makes it happen. I know that you didnt mean to insult anyone that posted the Irelia builds, but I take my crafting serious. I tried to cover all the things I felt needed to be explained, and that our build is a lil more indepth than most. Im sorry if you think that all the builds are 'weak', but if you have comments, please post them on those builds. Dont mass critise everyone that posted a build that worked for them.

If you are going to Theory-Craft her, than you might as well start trying each of these builds. You dont know how she works, so you cant say that any of the posted builds are viable or effective. Try them before you say anything. I might be a lil rash about this, but your comments bother me. Again you havent the game play with her to say that these builds lack substance. Like all other Thoery-Crafters, try them before you say anything. Again, not trying to be rude or anything. Just stating my opinion.
This is a shared account made by Chaotic Bliss and Scrax used for joined theory crafting sessions and builds both have contributed on.
-
Oberron
<Member>
Oberron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 8:12am | Report
Catch me tomorrow. I'm on US servers, but we'll work something out. I think that she looks like a viable char, but getting the build is going to be the really tricky part.
AnthraxMegadeath
<Member>
AnthraxMegadeath's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 8:52am | Report
Irelia rocks... you are smoking rock sir, rock! A good friend of mine has been playing her and consistently goes legendary. Irelia is best built as a hybrid champ, benefits greatly from CDR, needs resistance items, and guisnoos RB is fairly manditory. I'm sure you will be legendary soon.
Just like the Pied Piper,
Led rats through the streets,
We dance like marionettes,
Swaying to the Symphony...
Of Destruction
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 9:05am | Report
I would have to say thats a matter of opinion Thrax.

Dont get me wrong, I can see why Hybrid rocks, but she has three ways where she can be effective.

1. Hybrid. She scales nicely with both AD and AP. Things like and are very nice for her. is great too since it gives you all you need and than some.

2. AP. , , and other great AP items are great for her. She can use to close the gap, and to nuke the hell out of people. She has great AP scaling so AP is valid.

3. AD, which I have built with Scrax. Its more focused on as the burst portion of the build, but it also focuses on LS. This makes her a very effect ganker, since she will open with , and uses to slow them down. Adding only makes her phsyical dmg that much more nasty.

With so many viable ways to play her, she is, as I state in the build Ive helped with, so much like . The mana version if you will

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 3:05pm | Report
Try a tanky build? :D Merc treads + passive = offtank I guess? I don't know.

Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 5:25pm | Report
That works Wong, but it only takes a lil CC to bring her down... And Im sure that she can have the Xin OT type build... Someone just has to find it

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 8:22pm | Report
I agree 100% with HeAt. You know WHY Irelia is viable? Because y'all aren't building her correctly. How often do you see Melee DPS champs go pure DPS and do well? Now, im not talking about those ******ed one sided matches, im talking about the really close matches that go 60+ minutes. Ya. Think about Xin Zhao. Hate to break it to ya, but pure DPS Xin Zhao is awful.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 7:19am | Report
Haha yet another post by restrict that has my 100% approval. Nice (y). Yes Chaotic, i have seen your build, i am against a few of the items you have used. She has been out for 2 days, there is no way you did NEAR enough testing on that, it is merely theoretical. You will realize that 1, the starks is absolutely not necessary, zerk grieves in essence are a terrible item, and you dont have the need for a youmuus, when you can get a last whisper or even early lifesteal, because you are grabbing spirit visage for what? 30 lifesteal? so you will get.. 34? you dont have a % life steal, it is a base value, like warwick, so using a spirit visage that early is a waste of money.

i HAVE looked at all of them, and tried a few, including yours because i saw your name on it.
Theory crafting is great but you need a practicality to it, if you arent on enough to play and you admit it then you are doing what restrict nine mentioned and posting your build as FAST as possible to get votes, which is not necessary.

It often takes months for heroes in LoL to get perfected strategy wise. Do you see any HIGH elo teams using any new heroes? maybe a sona, or kog.. but thats the newest. You see galio pop up on occasion but ... not enough to be worth mentioning.

im not accusing your build of not being decent. I am accusing everyone for posting a build which is merely theoretical and you flaming me for it is incorrect. HAVE YOU TRIED EVERYONE'S BUILD? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT. I don't comment on builds because i have been flamed for my opinions. What you are saying is i cant have an opinion without looking at all of the builds that are up. I looked at them, and in my opinion, i wouldnt come CLOSE to replicating one, they have no items i would use or reprisent in consecutive order, minus maybe what i would rush.

W.e i asked for help not a mobafire spaz session at me, you of all people should respect that as you hold one of the largest theory threads (evelynn).

Lastly, 1 of every 5 builds posted or so look like actual work went into them. I try to play 40-50 games, forget research, and MUST get a 2:1 k/d ratio over my game history (past 10 games) for the build to be posted, or it wont get posted.

- HeAt
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2010 8:20am | Report
I've played Irelia about 4 times now, and imo this is how you should be building her. I feel she is most viable as a tanky dps with her built-in Mercury's Treads and her base lifesteal. Keep in mind I have not seen or care to see any of the Irelia builds on this website as the champion hasn't been out too long and it's all just theory.

0/21/9 masteries.

Summoner Spells = Ghost & Cleanse.

For the skill seqence I would get a point in all three skills then max Hiten Style, followed by Bladesurge, then Equlibrium Strike.

Item Build:

Runes:

Extremely cheap but very cost-effective build that supplies good damage output along with ridiculous survivability. Relies alot on player skill to get kills, threw in a little bit of dodge to help tank more.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide