Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Kayle as a Support

Creator: tombotron January 28, 2012 2:16pm
1 2 3 4
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:20pm | Report
Sona = best.

Soraka IMHO = counter Sona.

der u go
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 3:51pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Sona = best.

Soraka IMHO = counter Sona.

der u go

imo, Soraka can be a counter early game, but Sona gets really strong later, ****ing the counter and maybe counter the counter (C-C-C-Combo Breaker)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 4:10pm | Report
I don't really know about that. Silences are preeeetty good :3
RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 4:51pm | Report
Quoted:

So you would rather pick Kayle over Soraka and Sona at the moment?

Sometimes. I usually prefer Sona to any other support though. But so far I had VERY satisfying results when in the champs select where I told myself : hmmm, looks like a bunch of ******s, ill pick a "support" and carry them. See my point?

DuffTime wrote:

Any time you say something like, "X and X do X job best, that's the facts" in a game as loose and wide open as League, a little red light goes off in my head :P

QFTW
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 5:48pm | Report
RaNuD wrote:

Sometimes. I usually prefer Sona to any other support though. But so far I had VERY satisfying results when in the champs select where I told myself : hmmm, looks like a bunch of ******s, ill pick a "support" and carry them. See my point?

Yes, I've done that some times
Maserato
<Member>
Maserato's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2012 8:45pm | Report
You cannot rank supports. Each one has a unique kit and each can be more or less useful depending on the ad carry and the team as a whole. For example taric stun plus caitlyn trap is better then anything sons could do for her pre 6. And sona (assuming no mana manipulator ) is less valuable then soraka with any mana hungry carry
M5 too strong? better nerf irelia
example1013
<Member>
example1013's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2012 8:01am | Report
You can rank supports. Sona > *, Soraka counters sona in lane. Everyone else is situational at best, and still would be almost as good overall no matter what the situation was if they were sona. Caitlyn doesn't synergize well with Taric, she can get away with laning with Taric because her AA range allows her to both farm and harass. Cait/Sona double harass is still going to win lane harder than Cait/Taric because Caitlyn and Sona can pretty much zone the enemy, even under their own turret.

Soraka is only a comparable support in that she has powerful heals and infinite mana for both her and her carry, allowing for a lot more aggression in lane (at least on a mana-burning carry like Graves, Ashe, Ezreal, Sivir, etc.), but she's not as universally applicable in that she pretty much just doesn't work with some champs (Cait and Vayne being examples). Sona is top-tier support because she can do her job pretty much just as well no matter who her lane partner is, and is simply dominant in some combinations, assuming the other team doesn't run a good counter-pick Soraka/* lane.

On topic for this thread, Kayle isn't a good support. It's a waste to build support items on her because she can both output and facilitate insane DPS when built properly, but at the same time can support just as well because her support abilities aren't contingent on items, while her DPS abilities are. In that sense, because she's basically a role-hybrid between two disparate roles, she's hard to place on a team, which is why jungle Kayle is the only really viable location atm.

If we're going to talk about effective non-standard supports, we should be talking about supporty tanks like Maokai and Blitzcrank who have great set-ups for kills, but don't have an actual support kit.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide