Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Kennen TOP with Berserker's greaves!

Creator: Troy Sin August 29, 2016 5:20pm
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 29, 2016 5:20pm | Report
I have been trying out this build on Kennen top against melee champs and tanks with great succes.

lvl 1 buy: Boots + 2 pots + 1 pink ward.
First shop: Cull+Dagger
Second shop: Berserker's greaves + Ruby crystal
Third shop: Hextech+Protobelt
Fourth shop: Seekers armguard into Zhonyas.

After that either a fast Voidstaff or rylais/abyssal. Also getting an extra ruby crystal or amp tome somewhere in between, since you will have plenty of room after selling cull.

My theory being this; Maxing (W) first is best, and this makes AS and AD a very nice stat. Also having tier 2 boots early on makes Kennen very slippery aswell as making it easier hitting (W)'s and pushing both minions and turrets.
The "downside" to this build is that u have to use flat dmg runes instead of AP or magic/hybrid pen.
I have been using: 11 flat dmg + 9% AS + 9 armor + 7.1 flat ap + 5% scaling CDR.

The CDR is to have around 2.5% at lvl 9 which makes landing multiple (W)'s possible.

The upsides are; getting a safer start to the game with boots + a pink ward lvl 1. While stilling having enough dmg too push. Early AS and MS makes Kennen quite the splitpusher. Being faster than pretty much every champ in the early game. Doing a suprising amount of AD for a mage. Having a pretty sick powerspike at lvl 9.

Any thoughts?
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 5, 2016 7:18pm | Report
Going sorcs plus mpen glphys/marks allows for near true damage on a lot of champions top lane. Not sure if it's flat out better than your proposed build but it allows for a lot more teamfight damage, which is what you really want Kennen to have.
Thanks to jhoijhoi for the awesome PsiGuard-loving sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide