Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Kog'Maw Builds

Creator: Focuscoene September 18, 2013 4:02pm
1 2 3
Focuscoene
<Member>
Focuscoene's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 4:02pm | Report
So I've been playing Kog'Maw as an AD Carry. Basically, I pump him full of attack speed, with some AD thrown in once the speed gets silly. It's a late-game build.

Anyway, I decided to peruse the guides to see if I'm being ridiculous or not, and saw that most of them build Kog'Maw as an AP Carry, with the exception of one guide--the top rated guide--which does pretty much what I do.

I'd like to hear a discussion on which is the better angle to take on building Kog'Maw. Ready... go!
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 4:34pm | Report
Kog'Maw is an adc.
He has some ap scalings so.. he can theoretically be built ap.
But then again so can tristana.

However, he is mostly played and is most viable as an adc. But, he isn't really very strong in they current meta..

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 5:14pm | Report
Joshified wrote:

Kog'Maw is an adc.
He has some ap scalings so.. he can theoretically be built ap.
But then again so can tristana.

However, he is mostly played and is most viable as an adc. But, he isn't really very strong in they current meta..

More than theory, some people still play AP Kog'Maw... I see an AP Kog'Maw pretty much every time he appears in ARAM.

But yeah, competitively speaking, Kog'Maw shines more as an ADC, but I don't rate him that high as an ADC. I think that there are always better choices than a Kog'Maw, but if you're Gambit, you can always use Trinity Force to bait Imp into playing a ****ty build.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Focuscoene
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 7:01pm | Report
I get that he's considered an ADC. After all, that's how I've been playing him. What I'm wondering is why, given that the majority of the guides build him AP. Simply stating, "He's an ADC" doesn't really do much for the discussion (no offense, of course).

For the record, I just tried giving him an AP build and it actually went really well. 17/12/11 stat line. I think 17 kills might be my highest ever (before you get on me about that, please keep in mind that I'm playing unranked solo-queue, and I'm lvl13).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2013 7:19pm | Report
Mostly because he has 710(!!!) range and 6% health shred on attacks with Bio-Arcane Barrage. That's more range than anything in the game except an ulting Twitch. He also gets passive AS and armour reduction on Caustic Spittle which doesn't hurt.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2013 10:39am | Report
The reason why nobody plays him is simply that he has no real form of escape and is the most squishy of all ADC's.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2013 1:15pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

The reason why nobody plays him is simply that he has no real form of escape and is the most squishy of all ADC's.

And because his laning phase is super weak, he has no real damage besides AA's. Varus has no escapes as well and is quite squishy, but he's still played quite a lot.

Kog'Maw AP used to be quite good, but after froggen wrecking on him he got nerfed twice and is too weak right now.
Focuscoene
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2013 10:56pm | Report
So apparently someone in Worlds used Kog'Maw effectively by building him with Trinity Force.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 9:09am | Report
Genja did. Then Imp tried it and sucked.

Not recommended.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2013 9:13am | Report
Genja builds everything on anybody.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide