Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Last Whisper

Creator: Rudmed June 6, 2011 3:38pm
SryImBad
<Member>
SryImBad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 4:27am | Report
I just got totally ignored. Deja vu
Found me any bit helpful? Give me a+Rep if you liked my comment!

Check out my Guides! Click on awesome stamps.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 4:39am | Report
o sorry babes

SryImBad wrote:

DID YOU JUST DISAGREE WITH ME WITH 3 WORDS?

Jet... Having TBC causes -45 armor to the target, nevertheless the target, it's still more dominant. I don't get you. Why would any AD char get LW besides for the cherry on top? To focus Tanks? To attack Rammus/Malphite endlessly with auto attacks?

i think i've said it in every post that mentioning it now would be repetitive

armor cap, instant penetration vs all targets without needing to aa before hand

cost

etc
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
SryImBad
<Member>
SryImBad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:05am | Report
Aww Fanks. (:

Although it IS insta-penetration (-Wink-), LW doesn't provide extra attack speed nor does it help the team. I'm just gonna repeat that. Cause i can.
TBC is more useful if your team isn't all baddies. L2FocusFire. Helps with Dragon + Baron, damn, it even helps with killing you, Jet.

Yes, it's more troublesome to attack first, but 3 people with it... (LOLNUBTEAM) all hit aa, and it's maxed. Either way you should be able to land 3 hits on anyone if you're dps, unless you're the person that hides behind things and waits for last hits.

It costs more for a reason, because it's better.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 5:27am | Report
name another melee dps/ranged dps that doesn't get any penetration / has no penetration based skill then your argument might be worth something

go on, name one
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 6:16am | Report
Believe it or not, I'm going to agree with Jet when it comes to LW > TBC.

TBC is a huge early game item, and it reduces 15 Armor per hit. When stacked to 3, it reduces an overall of 45 Armor Pen. LW provides 40% Armor Reduc and some damage. When looking at what to get, it's clearly obvious.

The Black Cleaver is an early game item since people usually don't rush Armor off the bat. If you manage to get one early game, you're looking fine. Reducing 45 Armor early game can easily cause True Damage. Now it sounds amazing and all, but a Chainmail gives 45 Armor. Chainmail thus negates the Tear effect on TBC, so the only big benefit you are getting are AS and 55 AD. Last Whisper will be needed over TBC because IF SOMEONE BUILDS ARMOR EARLY ON TO STOP YOU, THEY ARE DEFINITELY GOING TO BUILD MORE.

I main AD Carries. I know what I'm talking about ^^

edit: Regarding SryImBad's comment. LW is a greedy item. However, you get it because you're a carry. Carries are supposed to be nuking the **** out of things. I'd rather have my carry be more concerned about wiping the floor with the enemy team than trying to assist us by reducing the enemies' armor. No. Just do your job, carry.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 7:41am | Report
Jet wrote:

i have yet to see him actually go TBC on tristana in any game i've seen him in

also this: http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=7

Huh, I just took Trojan for his word when he said it.

Regardless, I'm still not seeing any proof that LW>TBC on only auto attacks.

40%ArP is better than 45armor reduction, but TBC also gives 10% AS and 15AD more for the same price as LW. (+20% AS for the extra cost) I consider that very worth it if there are no physical abilities to account for.

Even if a tank manages to get up to 220 armor and LW deals more damage to them, you will deal more damage to the rest of the enemy team and your total damage output will be about the same as with an LW. (TBC will deal more DPS, but also costs a bit more so I'm disregarding that)
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 8:21am | Report
AnIh wrote:

you dont understand , these players like every other players in lol can have good idea , idea you can not have but yourself so you should consider their build like every other build and ask yourself if doing X other Y can be useful why and in which situation , saying because guy X use item Y then you should use item Y is just totaly ******ed , use your brain and consider item Y by yourself .

Jet has already explained it well enough. I'm just giving more proof as to why you are going to want to take LW>TBC

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Considereth
<Member>
Considereth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 8:32am | Report
I like peas over carrots, just saying!

Special thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the banner!

The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation. - Augustine
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 12:01pm | Report
Jet wrote:

name another melee dps/ranged dps that doesn't get any penetration / has no penetration based skill then your argument might be worth something

go on, name one

Trynd.

I see what ya mean considerth.

Also and lets keep ELO out of this because truly and honestly it doesn't mean much. Okay you've won more games, or you have one ELO more then someone else. Guess what Albert Einstein failed throughout school and he was a genuis for his time.

Anyways back on topic, I have yet to encounter anyone who get armor when I get TBC. They are too busy trying to buff themselves up to counter me by getting more offesnive items. Now is this true maybe in ranked? I don't care because I don't play ranked (takes alot of fun out of it really), but still people's desire to win ought to drive them to get some armor. Since this is such a hard counter (yeah right I get more then TBC for ArP.)
SryImBad
<Member>
SryImBad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2011 12:29pm | Report
(So how are we going to settle this? If we don't this tread will be over 1351345 pages of endless arguing.)

TBC is, in fact, the better early-on item. LW is better for late game situations. But if you play until the LW is finally better than TBC at everything, the game would be over. It may cost more but it's more useful on auto attack characters like MF/Yi. LW is more useful on strong AD spells on characters like Corki/Irelia. Not saying that they can't use the other, but because Yi/MF is less reliant on Physical Spell damage, it's more useful for TBC.

IMO Conclusion (Pros):
TBC = Early-On/Team/AttackSpeed/Higher Damage.
LW = Cost Less/Later-on/Instant/% not fixed amount.

But if you want to win the favor of others, by all means go ahead.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide