Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Last Whisper

Creator: Rudmed June 6, 2011 3:38pm
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2011 11:10am | Report
Jet wrote:

lol

yeah, let me build tbc on ashe

or caitlyn

maybe ezrael

oh, not to mention miss fortune, obviously forgetting her

these are smart ideas you have searz

so 2 carries (tristana and corki) benefit the most from tbc compared to last whisper, this means it's the way to go, right?

and even then, loco only said "no one builds super tanky nowadays" - what if they do? he still going to run TBC?

Right Jet cause that other carry is gonna stack armor and MR and not even get one AD/AP item at all.

*sighs* Jet, I'm not saying that TBC>LW in terms of an anti tank item, but rather as an anti-squishy item.

For example late game against a tank team or something I will grab LW.

Against your average team of 1 tank, off tank, support, mage, AD carry I'm gonna run TBC. Why? Besides the Tank and off tank the others are not going to get boatloads of armor and if they do then they suck at the game. No that enemy Cait (who most I see running TBC instead of LW mind you) is not going to get alot of armor. So as the math shows TBC v.s. LW with targets below 200 armor get TBC.

tl;dr verison: LW against a very tanky/ tanky dps team.
TBC: against your average team.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2011 1:15pm | Report
Rudmed wrote:

tl;dr verison: LW against a very tanky/ tanky dps team.
TBC: against your average team.

No. Read my comment above.
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2011 1:17pm | Report
Would TBC on ezreal be a problem, considering his Q applies on-hit effects?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2011 1:22pm | Report
I would not get it. He doesn't have that much use of AS so I wouldn't waste my money on it. Ez should have a Last Whisper or a Bloodrazor, don't bother with TBC.
There's also the thing that since LW's is %ArP is better than the armor reduction on TBC (the extra AD and AS makes up for it on AAs) it gets better the more damage you do. And physical abilities always deal more damage than an attack and that's not even counting the TF buff. LW WILL deal more damage on Mysic Shot and that's what matters most imo.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
SryImBad
<Member>
SryImBad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2011 8:23pm | Report
Searz wrote:

LW on corki XD
I'm sorry to say this SryImBad, but we can't trust anything you say anymore.

My example is not for who gets LW, it's for what LW suites. AD spells.
Stop bullying me. ): my points are finely supported. I hope you realize everything i post is usually after my curfew. I'm only a kid... (;

And who the hell cares who you get LW with, if you're gonna fight for it, clearly you must like it better than TBC. Meaning you won't get TBC, so LW is the only viable choice left besides getting Ghostblade on a ranged char.
Found me any bit helpful? Give me a+Rep if you liked my comment!

Check out my Guides! Click on awesome stamps.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 3:13am | Report
SryImBad wrote:

And who the hell cares who you get LW with, if you're gonna fight for it, clearly you must like it better than TBC. Meaning you won't get TBC, so LW is the only viable choice left besides getting Ghostblade on a ranged char.

You clearly haven't been reading my posts, have you?
TBC is best for on champions like Tristana, Corki and Vayne.
LW is best for champions with physical abilities.
/thread
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Trep
<Member>
Trep's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 4:01am | Report
The math is pretty simple. Flat armorpen will be deducted from enemy armor before the % armorpen. So it's (armor - flat armorpen) then -40% armor pen

So for LW to be better then TBC:

say you have arp marks and quints + 6 from masteries, giving you 31 arp. you will need the enemy to stack armor high enough so that LW eats through more then 45 armor.

LW = 40% armorpen = 0.4

where X = armor (-flat arp) needed for LW to penetrate more then 45 armor

45 armorpen = 0.4 * x

x = (45/0.4)

x = 112.5 armor
SO: 112.5 + 31 armor (from flat armor pen) = 143.5 armor and above LW will eat through more armor then the black cleaver. And! it wont take you 3 hits to get 45 armorpen either.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 5:49am | Report
Can't this thread just die already? :S
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 6:35am | Report
@Trep
You want the math? Look at my graphs. Page 3, I think.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
SryImBad
<Member>
SryImBad's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2011 1:06pm | Report
LW or TBC?

Champion Dependent.
Found me any bit helpful? Give me a+Rep if you liked my comment!

Check out my Guides! Click on awesome stamps.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide