Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

My (Conspiracy) Theory on The XP Minion Bug

Creator: Phoenix0000ff September 16, 2013 1:37pm
1 2
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 1:37pm | Report
It was discovered some time ago by a brave individual (whom I hope is still alive) that red side minion XP did not scale with game time.
This led me to look into the actual numbers but what I found scared me so much I didn't share it with anyone.

This chart currently states that while the XP bug was present that blue side had a 55% win rate.
Generally anything higher than 2% variance would be considered imbalanced. The current amount is 5 times higher than that.
The current patch that worlds is being played on is the same patch that contains this bug.

For the sake of unveiling the conspiracy I'm going to give a slight spoiler on the games of day 1 worlds.

Games won by blue side = 7
Games won by red side = 3

Do you see where I am going with this?

Obviously Phreak is taking bets in make millions in league money to pay for his trinity force addiction. This pump and dump style scam is being swept under the rug and trinity force will soon follow. I said too much I must go! If you don't hear from me again remember I cared!
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 1:47pm | Report
I was going to point out that the blue side win rate was about the same even before that XP side bug, but then I read the end of your post.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 1:48pm | Report
In reality, the bug has only popped up recently, and they actually fixed the worlds servers before the live ones. :D
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 1:49pm | Report
Satella wrote:

I was going to point out that the blue side win rate was about the same even before that XP side bug, but then I read the end of your post.

Blue side was higher but what proof have you that it was 55% and not 51%

I remember 51% being the all time high.
I love you.
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 5:55pm | Report

Games won by blue side = 7
Games won by red side = 3

Do you see where I am going with this?

Obviously Phreak is taking bets in make millions in league money to pay for his trinity force addiction. This pump and dump style scam is being swept under the rug and trinity force will soon follow. I said too much I must go! If you don't hear from me again remember I cared!

That is quiet the conspiracy you got there.

Hang on while I go dig for answers
Sig by IPodPulse
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 16, 2013 6:06pm | Report

Hang on while I go dig for answers

And he was never seen from again.

UPDATE
wiping hard drive and relocating to a small island in the atlantic
I love you.
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2013 9:34am | Report
I somehow always felt that blue side is the better one, even without the minion-exp-bug. If you ask me, I would suggest taking the map and rotating it by 45° so that the nexuses are on the same "map height".

The reason why I would do this is because the character menu (Items, skills etc.) is locked at the bottom side of the screen, this means, that you are in fact in a weaker position when playing downwards because you have less vision on your screen (even if you don't have screen locked).
I know you can still see your enemies on the minimap, but this doesn't help a lot with aiming/dodging skillshots. As for me (especially if I play botlane), I always miss like 1 or 2 blitzgrabs a game just because my enemy is hidden under my minimap, which truly sucks. And moving the screen takes time, even if it only takes 0.1 seconds, it could still be just the timeframe in which the grab-opportunity is lost...

As for this, I would like the map to somehow be more like Twisted Treeline, a map which is completely equal on both sides.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2013 9:36am | Report
Riot: We are currently performing live maintenance to fix the EXP bug. You may experience brief disruptice of service.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2013 9:37am | Report
Yes, TT is much more balanced than SR aside from a few tiny vision quirks. For SR, I have a MUCH easier time CSing on blue side than purple (It's a consistent 12-16 CS difference by 12 minutes, sometimes worse if my champion isn't able to abuse the purple side wraiths bug). I attribute this to the GUI layout making it so I effectively have a smaller screen when playing on purple side.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2013 11:28am | Report
I haven't cared about what side I'm on for better vision since I switched to unlocked screen. :S
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide