Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

My crit rework: Numbers for former items,...

Creator: NicknameMy December 12, 2011 10:12am
1 2 3
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:53am | Report
Isn't it what people want? More versatility on ad-caries? You can either go then the AD way or the crit way. This depends, of course, on your ad-ratios on your spells.^^
He is gonna kill you!!!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 10:20am | Report
that's not more versatility. It would still be the same, people would figure out a threshold in which crit becomes better than AD and after people reach that AD they would stack crit
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 2:21pm | Report
crit doesn't need a rework in the slightest. the increased AA damage would be completely pointless, because it probably wouldn't count bonus AD, kind of like sheen procs. Why would anyone get BT when IE does all that? this is pointless :/
Crit is fine the way it is now. The only reason they removed dodge is because EVERYONE had 2% dodge no matter what, and that made the game so freaking random. Everyone could crit level 1, as well. So you'd harass with an auto attack at level 1 with annie, you would crit for some reason, and then you could flash ignite and follow it up for a kill. By removing dodge, they removed the only random aspect of the game that sucked.

Now, to crit, you have to actively go get crit. Having less than 20% crit is pointless, and a lot of adc's shoot for 40-60% crit with items and green pot. Crits aren't random when you have a 50% crit chance. Flip a coin 50 times. I bet you get damn close to 25 tails.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 2:36pm | Report

crit doesn't need a rework in the slightest. the increased AA damage would be completely pointless, because it probably wouldn't count bonus AD, kind of like sheen procs. Why would anyone get BT when IE does all that? this is pointless :/
Crit is fine the way it is now. The only reason they removed dodge is because EVERYONE had 2% dodge no matter what, and that made the game so freaking random. Everyone could crit level 1, as well. So you'd harass with an auto attack at level 1 with annie, you would crit for some reason, and then you could flash ignite and follow it up for a kill. By removing dodge, they removed the only random aspect of the game that sucked.

Now, to crit, you have to actively go get crit. Having less than 20% crit is pointless, and a lot of adc's shoot for 40-60% crit with items and green pot. Crits aren't random when you have a 50% crit chance. Flip a coin 50 times. I bet you get damn close to 25 tails.

the reason dodge was removed was because it negated all damage. While crit deals additional damage ontop of your auto-attack/ability dodge didn't work that way, also riot hates RNG
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 3:34pm | Report
Why BT? Lifesteal? And most part of IE is unique?

Crit is RNG, crit is just luck based. The example with the coin is great, because actually it is everytime different how often which comes. It is just random.

Some things like "haha, got 4% crit chance lucky crit that won me the lane and the game" just sucks...
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 4:48pm | Report
It's not..

the longer you toss a coin the more you gain a 50/50 ratio.
Same with crit: The longer the game goes, the more you will reach a 1% bonus dmg for every 1% crit (or more depending on your crit dmg) on your overall autoattack dmg.

Stop BSing already and do some math instead.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2012 9:47pm | Report
Darcurse wrote:

the longer you toss a coin the more you gain a 50/50 ratio.
Same with crit: The longer the game goes, the more you will reach a 1% bonus dmg for every 1% crit (or more depending on your crit dmg) on your overall autoattack dmg.

Strictly, no.

The more times you toss a coin, the closer you are likely to be to a 1:1 ratio of heads to tails. But as you toss more and more times, you become less and less likely to have exactly 50% heads and 50% tails. Take, for example, two tosses; you can get one of the following: HH, HT, TH, or TT. That's exactly a 50% chance of 1:1 heads to tails. At four tosses, however, your possibilities are HHHH, HHHT, HHTH, HTHH, THHH, HHTT, HTHT, THHT, HTTH, THTH, TTHH, HTTT, THTT, TTHT, TTTH, and TTTT. Of those 16 possibilities, only 6 are 1:1 heads to tails, giving us a 37.5% chance of getting that exact ratio. Clearly, 37.5% < 50%.

So as you attack more, it becomes more likely that your crit damage is really close to being a percentage damage increase, but it becomes much less likely that it functions exactly like one. You should always expect it to be high or low.

This is relevant because it tricks us into thinking that crit and percentage damage increases are the same because they deal the same average DPS (if given the same numbers). In general, I don't think that talking about straight DPS values in this game is really what we want to be doing, simply because LoL doesn't actually work on DPS numbers. Damage is much better modeled discretely using ceiling functions, in which case a build with crit is likely to result in lethal damage before a build doing the same average DPS in consistent values. Keep in mind that when comparing the following damage-per-hit values:
100 100 100 200 100 100 100 100 100 100
110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110 110
The first number set reaches 500, 600, 700, 800, and 900 total damage before the second number set does, even if they do the same damage over all ten hits. Spike damage is powerful in this setting.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 4:46am | Report
Well, I see the point in the last part of your post.

But while I'm pro-crit, your argument isn't for one side or another, since you can also kill somebody before critting once leaving the +X% dmg with the higher "peak".
And since this is again a RNG problem, you would start right at the beginning of this discussion.

But regarding the toin toss, I maybe expressed myself wrongly:

Never intended to say that the more you repeat a coin toss the closer you'll draw to a 1:1 ratio.
Example:
You do 100 repetitions and reach a ratio of 60/40 e.g.
And if you do 1000 repetitions you will have a similar "near" 50/50 value
The same with 10000, 100000, etc.

And the more you repeat it, the less you'll be missing for an actual 1:1 ratio, even if you always stay on the 60/40.
drunken0elf
<Member>
drunken0elf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 4:30pm | Report
I love tryn, but I am scared that with this he would be come god offully op. Dealing 30% increased damage at max rage bar is quite a **** load. Expecially if you start with a dorans blade and 22 flat ad rune page.

so tryn lvl 1 has 63 flat ad
Now add 5 from his q. Now add 10 from dorans. Now add 22 from flat ad.

63 + 5.0 + 10 + 22 = 100 flat ad. Should be a bit more with masteries but let's just say its 100 flat ad. At full rage bar he wacks you in the face for 130 dam. Thats 1/6 maybe 1/5th of people health at lvl 1. OP much.

Thanks to Amazing Monkey for the sig. Just like his name, he's amazing
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide