Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

My new Udyr runes/masteries

Creator: ZioSerpe October 23, 2011 2:18pm
1 2 3 4
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 2:18pm | Report
So I just reworked my masteries and runes for udyr.
1st of all I am a Tiger user because I love the early game ganking power it gives.

my new runes consist in
flat dmg marks and quints for a total of 15 AD
dodge seals for a total of 6.8%
mresxlvl glyphs (thinking of chaning with flat CD tho)

and 1/12/19 masteries with nibleness in def and up to flash and movespeed in utility

if I get ninja tabi I should get about 30% dodge with 3 stacks of passive, yet thx to the burst AD meta I'll prolly stick to merc threads most of games.

still, what do you think:
is havng flat AD worth?
what's better between mresxlvl and cd glyphs?
are masteries viable this way?
should I just go back to armor seals?

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:00pm | Report
EWWWW TIGER JUNGLE. Phoenix is faster and has ganks that are about as good as tiger (you miss out on not that much damage and phoenix lets you DPS WHILE THEY ARE OUT OF AA RANGE).

For tiger jungling you're pretty much forced to get flat AD, but this hampers your late-game. With phoenix you're free to take MS Quints. Your masteries are more than 30 points (32 points? wut?). Dodge seals work well on Udyr so you can keep those and MR/LVL IS MUCH BETTER THAN CDR GLYPHS.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:30pm | Report
I agree with Pwnzor. Tiger jungle is pretty mediocre compared to phoenix.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:33pm | Report
I actually mastered both junglin styles, but tiger gives me best chances on lvl 2 gank as you only have to get 1 attack off instead of 3.
Also Tiger doesn't look as ugly as phoenix (and primal udyr doesn't make it anywhere more appealing)

Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:46pm | Report
I agree with Pwnzor... to a certain extent.

You don't really have to choose between one or the other. Sure, your first and second back are going to be either tiger or phoenix jungle. But you don't have to choose one or the other in the long run. I usually leave turtle at 3 unless im getting pounded on, because Udyr gets plenty tanky and has enough sustain anyways. Plus, the synergy between Tiger and Phoenix is just something you can't afford to pass up.

ANYways.... Don't go for CDR blues. Think about it. you have 6 second cooldowns across the board, and 1 second global cooldown. The only reason even remotely useful about the CDR blues is that it allows you to keep your passive up by using only one stance. If you are using only one stance ever, you are playing Udyr wrong.

Outside of that, putting CDR on a champ that has the shortest combined cooldowns of any champ... Reconsider.

As for the dodge, it works fine. Between flat armor yellows and dodge yellows, it truly comes down to preference. armor provides more protection against champs that have a lot of AD skills, as well as helps protect against all the times that you don't dodge. Dodge, on the other hand, can be extremely useful against champs like Trundle (Frozen Mallet sillies) or Ashe, who have slows on their AAs. Altho to really take advantage of dodge, tabi is kinda necessary. As a result, I like to go flat armor.

reds, flat ad is ideal for early game tiger jungle.

quints... gah. I used to run flat ad quints for lane udyr, and I felt incredibly slow. Yet at the same time, I feel like tiger jungle needs it (im not very experienced with the jungle aspect of tiger).

If you are going tiger jungle, why the hell aren't you specing into more offense? Tiger abuses the offensive tree, yet you put most of your points in defense and utility.

Try 15/0/15 with armor flats. I really think you will like the difference.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 4:52pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

I actually mastered both junglin styles, but tiger gives me best chances on lvl 2 gank as you only have to get 1 attack off instead of 3.
Also Tiger doesn't look as ugly as phoenix (and primal udyr doesn't make it anywhere more appealing)

this might be your problem. Udyr wasnt designed to be a lv 2 ganker. if you opt for tiger and bear, that means you sacrifice some SERIOUS sustain in the jungle. Also if you start at red buff, you sacrifice some of the lv 4 or lv 5 ganks that are so dangerous with Udyr.

Im assuming you don't get red buff for lv 2 ganks. Meaning you only really have one chance to get damage off before the enemy gets away. Udyr just isnt a good lv 2 ganker. If you want that, play Lee Sin or Riven.

I also feel like you haven't actually mastered both jungles because you feel that tiger is superior in the jungle. But again, preference.

And if ur basing your choice on appearance... Don't play this game.

ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:23pm | Report
so, I specd masteries in def tree to get the Nimbleness bonus as I was running dodge, and had up to movespeed in utility for obvious reasons.
I had all these runes so it was worth trying out, now I'll switch to armor seals and usual 15/0/15 or better 14/0/16 (1 less AD seems wirth reduced flash CD) and see how things go.
As for lvl 2 ganking i start with golem, and actually can keep jungling easy till lvl 4 to get lvl 1 turtle usually (sometimes i get it at lvl 3 as there is no ganking room after 1st gank)

game with dodge seal and def/utility went really well in terms of early game gank, got golem, went bot, both died, both teammates survived. passed throu mid, made it recall, arrived top, got an assist and a death as we killed enemy jungler but I died too while top champs both got out safe.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:45pm | Report
Quoted:

And if ur basing your choice on appearance... Don't play this game.

Lawl'd :D
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 5:49pm | Report
So thaaaaaaaaaaat's why nobody plays Trundle and everyone plays Teemo.
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2011 6:48pm | Report
Idk what elo u play at (its not 1400), but I can GUARANTEE you that you wont get a double kill on bottom lane when u are lv 2... unless they burned both flashes AND exhaust in the first 2 minutes of the game and they thought they could fight 3v2 and win.

Either way they aren't too good at this game. The only person i could feasibly see getting a lv 2 double kill is someone with a crazy slow or insane burst at lv 2. Im thinking riven, lee sin, and chogath. Udyr has... a one second stun. If you ever get to a higher elo, you will quickly find that phoenix is superior. There's a reason the high elos play phoenix udyr instead of tiger jungle udyr.

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide