Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Next Champion

Creator: Svingas February 16, 2012 6:33pm
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 7:11am | Report
Oh sorry, didn't see Skarner there in your original post. Yeah, him too.

When I've jungled Udyr, you max Pheonix first, Turle and Bear at the same time for second, leaving Tiger for last (16,17,18). R>W/E>Q

As jungle pheonix udyr, you get enough damage off with the third smack to gank effectively. You do not need Tiger stance to gank. And in teamfights, Tiger will only allow your first hit after activation to deal extra damage, while pheonix will continue to proc AoE damage. Use AS runes to proc AoE more.

If you're planning on doing top lane udyr, you should be doing Q>W>E>R, as far as I understand it. Q will allow you to auto attack faster in brawls, last hit more, and if you do happen to miss the last hit, Tiger activation effect can get it for you. Use AD runes to make Tiger more effective.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 7:18am | Report
Generally you want to max Iron Mantle right away in lane. It depends how much you're getting harassed and whether your opponent is allowing you to hit them with Wilding Claw, but Turtle is massively underrated and is the sole reason why Udyr is a good laner - that's why it got nerfed.

Just really look at what it gives you. Max Turtle and buy a Wriggle's Lantern and you can just do whatever the hell you want in lane without giving a ****.

Turtle gives you:

-Infinite mana when in Turtle form
-18% Lifesteal when in Turtle form
-Spammable 220 damage shield

It would be completely OP if he wasn't a melee champion with no ultimate and only a movespeed gapcloser. That said, Udyr is one of the most flexible champions in the game in terms of his skilling order - you can skill pretty much anything you like on him to fit the situation and role.

TL;DR - Udyr is a ****ing boss who will punch you in the face and take your sweets.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 7:55am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Always max Turtle. If you're jungling max Phoenix first. If you're laning you can either max Turtle or Tiger first or put a mixture of points in both, it depends upon your lane opponent - Tiger for balls out damage or Turtle for godlike sustain.

Spammable shield with sustain? Yesplz.

I didn't mean max as skill but max as first skill. Ofcourse Turtle should be maxed, just not as first skill(unless you're being owned by enemy in your lane).

The language of friendship is not words, but meanings.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 7:57am | Report
Seriously, trust me, unless you're against an easy to harass opponent it's usually better to go Turtle first in lane. Even for dueling it is better - you'll block half their damage with shields and heal the rest up with the Lifesteal.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 7:59am | Report
So what you are saying is that Turtle is offensive tool rather than sustain tool? lol.

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 8:27am | Report
In a duel with an equally farmed champion you will be alternating Tiger and Turtle stance on Udyr (possibly with some bear thrown in somewhere).

In a duel situation I will happily say that an Udyr will points in Turtle stance is more likely to win than an Udyr with points in Tiger. He won't do more damage, but he will take a lot less.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 8:30am | Report
It depends who you're laning against. For all scenarios. Laning, duel,...

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 8:31am | Report
Indeed. Tiger is better for harass, short/quick fights, and getting kills when you're ahead.

You need to ***es the situation and put points in Tiger or Turtle accordingly, alternating between them if necessary. I tend to focus more on Turtle however because of the insane sustain and immunity to harass.
Svingas
<Member>
Svingas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 9:35am | Report
Alright, so in late game fights, when you are going after carries, should your main damage be from Tiger or Phoenix? Right now I am trying to decide between Q-4 W-5 E-4 R-5 or Q-3 W-5 E-5 R-5.

Check out my extensive Sivir Guide

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 17, 2012 9:51am | Report
Phoenix if you're jungling, Tiger if you're laning.

You can play a strat where you go Phoenix earlygame Tiger lategame in the jungle or Tiger earlygame Phoenix lategame in lane, but I can't really recommend doing this. It's also possible to jungle using Tiger stance, but I can't really recommend that either.

Q-3 W-5 E-5 R-5 for jungle, Q-5 W-5 E-5 R-3 for lane.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide