Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Nid Remake?

Creator: Arcana3 July 31, 2012 4:14pm
1 2
Arcana3
<Altruistic Artist>
Arcana3's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 4:14pm | Report
I've been playing Jayce alot and Nid use to be a champion I played alot. But with the release of Jayce, nid feels... weaker? Because she gets couger form at level 6, but jayce gets both transformations at 6. I think Nid needs to be remakes a bit, does anyone agree?
Thanks to everyone that has made me a sig!

Lacorpse JhoiJhoi Missmaw Xiron Xiao Kat CM Nameless Tinystar Me

Feel Free to +rep if I helped you out
Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 5:01pm | Report
You kind of missformulated that, he get both transformation at 1*
But it depends, AD nidalee is some kind of bruiser so I agree on this side jayce is better.
But on the other side AP nidalee serves a whole different purpose and is a poking champion.

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 5:47pm | Report
As a Nidalee player I don't think this is necessary. Their kits may be similar but thats it, they don't need to be the same. Aside giving her cougar at level 1 would make her broken or atleast we'd see nerfs to her current cougar damage
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 31, 2012 6:03pm | Report
Nidalee sucks anyway so I agree.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 5:36am | Report
nid was made so you kind of 'spec' into each form (ie ap is better for human while ad is better for cougar) although each form benefits from both)

with jayce you don't do that, instead switching forms when your spells are on cd.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2012 10:09am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Orly?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2012 10:17am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Nidalee sucks anyway.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:13am | Report
The reason Nidalee sucks is because riot keeps releasing champions that have a ******ed amount of tankiness and a ******ed amount of damage. Look at the Xin Zhao remake, Darius release, Jayce release, etc.

I actually went back to see her patch history, while she's remained pretty steady since august last year (in terms of buffs and nerfs) she had been nerfed basically from her release until august 2011 consistently. Her sustain was nerfed in the Olaf patch, and then hit once again in the Talon patch.

So take a look at her heal, at rank 1 it heals for 50 base and with a .7 ratio. The base is one of the lowest in the game, Alistar, Soraka, Taric, and Kayle. The only people she has a better heal than is Sona (who is a multi-target heal so technically Sona will heal for more) and Karma who has an AoE heal and heals for % health so while this is impossible to factor in it will probably surpass Nid's heal. Additionally, nidalee's heal costing 60 mana at rank 1 and scales up by 20 each rank reachin 140 by rank 5 which is the second highest behind Soraka's heal at 200 rank 5. In fact the mana cost isn't even close for anyone else except Taric who also heals at rank 5 for 140. While her heal scales better than most, the problem is it doesn't translate well into lane.

Nidalee was known for her poke damage and her lane sustain, both of which she is now outclassed because of the release of new champions, reworks, and nerfs.

So I went back to look at all the champions that have been released since those healing nerfs and here's what has been released:

Talon, Riven, Xerath, Graves, Shyvanna, Fizz, Volibear, Ahri, Viktor, Sejuani, Nautilus, Ziggs, Fiora, Lulu, Hecarim, Varus, Darius, Draven, Jayce, Zyra, and soon Diana.

Out of all those champions she is out-classed in poke by Ziggs, Xerath, possibly Viktor, possibly Jayce.

Her laning (top)is outclassed by Riven, Talon, Volibear, Darius, Jayce, Nautilus, and Fiora

She is virtually out-damaged by every champion on this list with the exception of Lulu, majority of these champions are also tankier. So really how is she supposed to compete with this? I'd say, of course she sucks, Riot hasn't done anything to keep her competitive with newly released champions and reworked champions. It's kind of like Garen and Gangplank, they're now seen as somewhat subpar picks (garen is for sure, gangplank isn't necessarily seen as a good pick top). It's not like the champions got nerfed or were bad back in the day, the problem is they can't compete with how ******idly strong new champions are being release/reworked at

If it was me I would do the following:

Increase the base damage on Spear to 75 at rank 1 (it's currently at 55 and auto-attacks literally do more damage, it's not even really worth spending mana on until rank 3).

Have her traps reduce a flat amount of armor and MR. Currently at rank 1 they reduce 20% armor/MR which isn't really worth a damn at lower levels. The damage is pretty good on it, but the average champion will probably have 30-40 armor so 20% of 35 armor is 7 which is weaker than most champions armor shred at level (examining Taric's, Urgots, and Corki's)

Reduce the mana cost on her heal to 60/70/80/90/100 - this would still be fairly expensive, 100 mana at level 9 isn't exactly cheap

Leave her takedown alone

Reduce the cooldown on her pounce to a flat 3 seconds and make it unaffected by CDR. Buff the base damage to 150/200/250. Additionally, allow smartcasting her W to allow you to pounce to the mouse curser instead of infront of her

Leave Swipe alone

Allow her cougar form to be unaffected by minion collision, this would allow her to pounce properly in the right direction more often and she wouldn't pounce the wrong way because of a minion getting in her way. Increase the bonus armor/and MR from cougar to 25/40/60 this would allow her access to cougar form later in the game and make the passive armor/mr effective at level 6

Increase the duration of her passive from 2 seconds to 3 seconds

most of these quality of life changes with a few damage/sustain buffs, maybe the numbers need a little tweaking but right now she's outclassed because of newer champions
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:19am | Report
HOW BOUT MAKE SPEAR PASS THRU MINIONS SO I CAN SPEAR BETTER?
The LZ
<Member>
The LZ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 5, 2012 9:25am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Yesh. I HATE that spear and everything
about that champion. I'd so delete her
if I could.
"(Btw LZ, I read all of your posts like a poem because your paragraphs look like stanzas. It's rather amusing. :P)" - PsiGuard
"^ya same
why you write like that" - wRAthoFVuLK
"Why DO you write like that?" - Amazing Monkey
"Why do you write like that LZ?" - iownedya
"no-one knows, but it is unique.
An artist originalising his work,
per say. Yet what have I done,
I have copied his work.
It's probably wrong too, but lolz. Keep at it LZ, since it makes reading your posts interesting." - ShiftyCake
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide