Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ninja Tabi possibility?

Creator: Trojan995 May 12, 2011 5:42am
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 5:42am | Report
So, with the addition of Tenacity, I was thinking that Ninja Tabi would be considerably more viable. Here's why:

The reason Heart of Gold was stacked so consistently is because a majority of the damage in-lane is physical - even AP carries harass with auto-attacks, and drawing minion aggro means you can take some hefty damage sometimes. Ninja Tabi are only 850 gold, which means you can buy then VERY early, and in a tough lane they can build from the starting item of cloth armor + 5 health potions.

The tenacity items are obviously early game items - minor stats, such as 20 AD and 20 AS (I think), health/mana regen, or just a bunch of ability power. Ninja tabi's viability would stem from being the stronger pick in-lane, and thus these tenacity items would work well with it. Buy ninja tabi and a cloak + dagger, and you'll easily be able to dominate your lane.

So, I think that Ninja Tabi have more of a niche now (before, even against 5 AD champions, merc treads>ninja tabi because most champs still have magic dmg and CC) for early game dominance. What do you guys think about buying ninja tabi if you think/want the game to end early?
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 5:46am | Report
i think its a great idea, i myself have been getting boots of swift/mob abit more, but i seen a gp yesterday with tabi/cloak and dagger, and its pretty good. and dodge is an amazing stat. and they re very cheap, start with boots 3hp pots, get atbi within a couple minutes on last hits
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 6:38am | Report
I thought they were just trying to make jax players happy again. Huh.

Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 4:04pm | Report
I made this post a while ago on the tenacity items thread. Ninja Tabi+Nimbleness gives more speed than Boots of Swiftness and it opens up the possibility of starting with Philo Stone, a strong laning item, transitioning into Eleisa's Miracle.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 2:27am | Report
I find myself buying Ninja Tabis more often than I used to lately. They give you a really nice edge against any physical DD and they are very very cheap, so you can invest more gold on other Items.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide