Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Penetration: Y u so misunderstood?

Creator: Daigeil June 24, 2012 5:00pm
1 2
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2012 11:30pm | Report
He wasn't the one I had in mind xD
Slappiz
<Member>
Slappiz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 12:35am | Report
I know :P But it works amazingly good.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 1:02am | Report
i just skip sorcs entirely on Xerath. i use the cdr boots.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Daigeil
<Member>
Daigeil's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 2:20am | Report
Thanks for the feedback, y'all. Currently working on calculating time-to-kill values thanks to some discussion on the LoL subreddit, since clearly just working out flat amounts of damage isn't helpful in a game so entirely working on Effective Health figures. All the individual calculations are pretty simple, but **** it's complicated altogether :P

Anyway, brb playin Ryze/Soraka/Fiddlesticks/Kayle/Amumu team.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 25, 2012 11:19am | Report
Daigeil wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, y'all. Currently working on calculating time-to-kill values thanks to some discussion on the LoL subreddit, since clearly just working out flat amounts of damage isn't helpful in a game so entirely working on Effective Health figures. All the individual calculations are pretty simple, but **** it's complicated altogether :P

Depending on how you're calculating this, it might not model reality all that well. Are you modeling situations where everything is used as soon as it's off cooldown (an initial burst, then as much sustained damage as possible), or situations where the carry waits for most of their abilities to be off cooldown (an initial burst, then wait, then another burst, etc.)? I ask because it's necessary to take into account how the characters are actually played in order to make the model as usable as possible.

As a side note, I believe that time-to-kill calculations are probably going to be most useful on AD carries, since they're the ones most likely to have their damage actually fall into scenarios that the model can deal with. Burst-type AP carries are too likely to wait a little while after their cooldowns to burst again, throwing off the calculations, and sustained damage-type AP carries are reliant on actually landing all of their abilities in order to keep their combo up (I'm thinking Cass, who needs to land poison, and Ryze, whose model would fail spectacularly if he doesn't throw his abilities exactly when predicted).
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide