Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Question on Tiamat

Creator: UltimateHavok August 19, 2011 12:34pm
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 10:51am | Report
I get Tiamat on my AD nunu build to farm faster. I SOMETIMES get it on my AP or tank Nunu builds, simply because it's super cheap and Nunu can't farm worth a damn without it. Depends on how my early game ganks go, really.
UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 7:26am | Report

IDK if I should say this of not, but oh well.

Ive been working on and AD Malphite, and I was thinking...

'He has one of the better engagin ults in the game, and always seems to stay on top of people, and has to be in the middle.'

Well passive, is a built in Tiamat. So just get some dmg items and roll out. Than I got to thinking about AD items that can build to his AD power. Tiamat came up and I bought on to see if Brute Strikes would stack, and boy do they ever. Its so nice not to have to fight with creeps. clearing jungle was fast too.

That sounds really interesting. Might try it out. lol
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:58am | Report
I like it. I just have to get the full build before I make the guide

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:12am | Report
Well, being melee and having only one ability scale with AD makes it pretty bad.

UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 10:54am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well, being melee and having only one ability scale with AD makes it pretty bad.

That's true, but it does sound interesting to run an AD offtank/dps type thing. Tiamat + Brutal Strikes does sound interesting, and using his skills more as chasing mechanics would work. Take Master Yi for example, he has no skills that scale with AD unless you count Wuju Style since it does buff his AD. His other skills scale with AP except for Ult, but often times that is used to escape or chase down a fleeing foe, and not as much in a straight up fight unless you know you are guarunteed a kill cause then you lose your escape mechanism and Yi is extremely squishy..
But anyways, I'm pretty positive that building Malphite as a tank would be more effective and there are better offtank type characters such as Jarvan, but it just sounds interesting to try.
Seismic Shard to stop fleeing foes and dmg, Ground Slam to slow down AD who try to fight you, and Brutal Strikes activated grants you 40% more AD and Armor, making AD attacks hit for less and your attacks hit for more.
Say 300 AD = 420. 200 AD = 280. However this skill does only last 6 seconds with a 16 second cooldown, and I'm not sure if the CD timer starts when you hit the skill (making it 10 seconds) or after the 6 seconds are up. The latter would make more sense.

Idk. Just sounds interesting to try.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 11:50am | Report
But Tiamat is baaaad.
HP5 and MP5 on an item that's not suited for earlygame? No thanks..

UltimateHavok
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 12:39pm | Report
Searz wrote:

But Tiamat is baaaad.
HP5 and MP5 on an item that's not suited for earlygame? No thanks..

I don't know much about it, so can't give much of an informed response but.. MOBAFire's item database says HP15* and MP5, with 50 dmg and spalash radius 50% for melee and 35% for ranged. What are the percentages for? Is that some indication to the splash radius or, what I'm assuming it is, is 50% of dmg in splash for melee and 35% of dmg in splash area of ranged attacks? Also, does the splash from Brutal Strikes splash? Because I heard Tiamats can be stacked.

Also, 2k gold isn't that expensive is it? You're more of an expert on items and prices if it's worth what it does.
My name is Havok.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 4:06pm | Report
The percentages are how much damage that splashes. But the AOE of the splash is sooooo small anyway, so don't bother..
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Chaotic Bliss
<Member>
Chaotic Bliss's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 9:42pm | Report
Searz, I dont think I said anything bout rushing Tiamat. And they upped the range of Tiamat splash yes?

I agree its not the best item, but it makes things fun. Also, though the splash is small on range, his ult allows him to be in close, Shard allows him some mobility to stay on the focus, and he is just an awesome champ in general. Underestimated IMO, but this is me we talking bout here.

Links below lead to victory. Choose your path

Pillars of Justice

Seeds of Chaos

Open your minds

Skype me at: chaotic_bliss1
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2011 12:27am | Report
They did? When?

Also, the item has a bad set of stats. You don't need HP5 and MP5 in lategame and the item is pretty bad in earlygame, so why would you buy it?
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide