Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rammus Taunt Nerf

Creator: AirRaidMaterial January 22, 2011 7:56pm
AirRaidMaterial
<Member>
AirRaidMaterial's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 7:56pm | Report
How do you guys feel about the nerf on taunt. I think it's fair because it was a really low cooldown before and you could spam it on people. Where is Shens is much harder to spam. I feel like this closed the back between them two.

My build is generally still the same while playing Rammus. But I feel sometimes that I should maybe get some cooldown reduction items.

I usually always jungle as well for the CD reduction with golem buff.

Let me know your opinions on some tanky / cd reduction items on rammus.

Check out my new rammus video as well.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbPja5WxvjA
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 8:20pm | Report
Wow. Very nice gameplay. I actually learned a lot about how to play Rammus, and I might switch to him because of that. Well done.

It didn't seem like the nerf to taunt prevented you from completely raping in your videos. :P

Do you always go Ninja Tabi with Rammus? I don't think you go Merc Treads once. Not that that's a bad thing - clearly it works for you.

EDIT: I am, however, going to have to ask you to not spam your video link on every Rammus build there is. Nothing personal, mate, just that this site discourages spam. Again, great video, and I'm sure it'll get more attention in the future.
AirRaidMaterial
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 8:34pm | Report
Thanks for the reply. The video is actually pre patch. BUT! I haven't really tested much yet. That's why I was curious about possible builds for cd reduction if it's even worth it or just stick with the same old build. :)

I usually go ninja tabi just cause I feel that rammus is more of an anti physical carry. because of his shield spell and then stacked with thornmail it really does a number on AD. BUT! that also brings into discussion why would I want to dodge those attacks then when I could be making them bring themselves more pain, and why do I choose Evasion and Nimbleness. This is because I ran a few games where I tried not getting any dodge what so ever and early game doesn't with no dodge doesn't suit my play style. I guess it's a matter of opinion. But I believe that building my champions around their strengths is most important. My strength is obviously being able to taunt and shield myself from physical dmg and return that dmg as well. I don't think I've played a single game in a long time where they were just all casters and tanks. There is always a use for rammus.

I feel like Merc treads are good, and I honestly am way more attracted to the MR on Merc treads way more than the cc reduction. Though I feel my strength isn't really stopping casters, thus I go ninja tabi.

maybe cause I am just bad.

And Indeed, I just was excited cause this footage is so old and I had been dying to get it out there even though it's a patch late and was my first time using sony vegas. Felt like I did a good job glad you liked it and I appreciate your feedback and opinion my azn brotha.
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 9:06pm | Report
If it's worth it to you, just grab Frozen Heart and see how it goes. That thing has so many good stats it's worth it even without the CDR.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
AirRaidMaterial
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 9:11pm | Report
indeed trojan995. but do how do you feel about randuins omen? I feel that if their team is AD heavy then Frozen Heart is probably a better choice but if they aren't that AD heavy I'd rather have Randuins just cause it's a higher percentage but it last longer. and I like the stats more. I guess it's really a toss up.

what do you think
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 9:18pm | Report
Randuin's is fantastic on any tank. One thing of note is that it will decrease the damage that your DBC does, but they probably shouldn't be focusing you anyway. xD

What's your opinion on MR? I normally play Amumu and I need a good balanced mix of armor to MR. However, with Rammus, I see builds getting 300+ armor and only 100 magic resist. This is obviously because of the extra MR from DBC - but at what point do you say "Ok, I need more than 150 MR"?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2011 10:44pm | Report
you can build rammus to get nearly 1k armor or so. it was horrible.

i know i saw it once. my team consisted of me as amumu and 4 ad carries.

enemy team was something and a rammus that got ninja tabi and 5 thornmails.

seriously it was so bad that i had to switch from tanking to ap amumu and then i would get focused down first and then rammus raped everyone else.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide