Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rune Theory for universal match

Creator: Te_emo4Prez February 24, 2011 3:10pm
Te_emo4Prez
<Member>
Te_emo4Prez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 3:10pm | Report
I wanted to have a intelligent discussion regarding rune placement for those who play multiple types of champs. I tend to play the obvious character often, but I also play Xin, Irelia, Annie, Ashe, and others. If runes are to be tailored for only certain champions, switching back and forth from AP to AD can be time consuming - unless you are into hybrids. Does anyone actually switch the runes around before games depending on which character they decide to play? (If you are playing ladder rank games, it would be necessary step to do so I assume.)
I thought about using the runes at its' strength and let items fill in the void. What I mean by this, it seems to me that Greater Mark has advantages in AD and AS, while Seal in Health Regen and Glyph in MR/AP. So If I heavily emphasize runes as such and use the items to fill the gap of others, regardless of which champion you use, would this be a huge disadvantage or advantage?
Te_emo4Prez
<Member>
Te_emo4Prez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 3:41pm | Report
Ok, I know this guide http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255#chapter6
answers most of the questions, but my case in point is:
can u combine magical dmg and physical dmg runes to be effective or better to stick to just one type?
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 3:54pm | Report
Generally you want the three rune pages you have to be applicable for almost all champions you play. A mage, carry, and tank page is generally enough for most players, unless you jungle frequently or main a character that needs a specific rune set, like Akali.

Most champions use the same basic page too. Mage pages are more or less universal. AD is alright sticking with a standard set for the most part.

If you need specific runes, just let me know.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Just buy the runes in the "Universally good runes" section and you're golden. They work with loads of champions. You'll rarely need any other runes.

Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2011 1:58pm | Report
Buy tank runes! You can't do wrong, they are usable on everyone, mages with 40 armor/45 Mr on lv 1 FTW :D
Footyballs
<Member>
Footyballs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2011 4:03pm | Report
You don't need a specific runepage for Akali. Just use AP Quints, AP Glyphs, HP Seals, Magic Pen Marks. Start with Long Sword, profit.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide