Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rylai's and Frozen Mallet

Creator: eeree September 24, 2012 4:42am
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 12:42pm | Report
when will people stop referring that
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 12:52pm | Report
i mean i built triforce on kennen that first week i started playing, but i think the difference between that and you is you are/were so insistent that your way is right every time, and when you're wrong (which is often) we like to have fun with it, just to keep you in check
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:05pm | Report
Guinsoo's Rageblade suffers from the same problems that Nashor's Tooth does.

Good stats, very few people who want them.
It is the most cost effective non-snowball item as well when it's at full stacks.

Tiamat on the other hand is not good at all. 50 AD, minimal HP5/MP5 and a tiny splash that doesn't build into anything. It's a BF Sword+about half a philo stone, without the building paths or the GP10.

It's a "losing" item because it makes it really easy to push lanes if you're behind. It's an okay Shyvana item as well because the cleave on her Twin Bite hits so hard in optimal circumstances.

Lastly, we weren't debating why to buy Tiamat, we were discussing if it procs Rylais.

On topic, Rylai's will only proc on spells.
Frozen mallet will only proc on the main target of your auto-attacks. Splash does nothing.

MF's Q will apply the ranged slow on frozen mallet for both targets as they are technically "attacks."
Any champ with AoE physical damage should be proccing the rylais slow.

Anyone with an on-hit ability such as Parrrley will apply Frozen mallet applied based on if they themselves are melee or ranged. I.E. Parrrley is counted as melee for frozen mallet/red buff. Mystic Shot is treated as a ranged attack.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:40pm | Report
@ the Tiamat haters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbyeVYssGmY

There's plenty more videos of Fiora ults that kill entire teams with 2 or 3 Tiamat's, and I watched one of a Twitch ult scoring a penta in about 3 seconds a while back. It would also synergize really well on Ezreal's Mystic Shot, it would make it among, if not THE, powerfullest pokes in the game. Why hit someone 5 times with Fiora's ult when you can hit them unlimited times with Mystic Shot? Tiamat's are viable sorta, but only if you stack them, only in specific circumstances ( aka it doesn't give you any advantage in a 1v1 ), and they don't give much DPS. They don't offer as much damage in the laning phase, but they make farming extremely easy and its damage will quickly bring an opponent low if they stand near the minions you attack. If you somehow have 2 Tiamat's while still in the laning phase then you'd literally zone your enemies out by farming lol.

It's considered unviable because of how troll'ish it feels, but please explain what's unviable about 250% AoE damage with decent AD and more than enough mana regen to sustain it. ( On people like Ez, Fiora and Twitch. You'd have to be ******ed to do that on Xin Zhao or anyone that doesn't have any way of using it safely. )

Edit: Just realized it's only 35% for ranged champions, but on Fiora that's still pretty powerful, and it might work on Ez too because of how often he can use Mystic Shot while managing to stay out of range of major damage in team-fights. Gonna test it next time I play.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:47pm | Report
^ -200 ELO
Minho
<Editor>
Minho's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:51pm | Report
Lmao Cudd...
Sigs by: Xiao, Bree, Nameless, Jeffy, Jai, Hogo, Dreams, Tiny, 'Maw, & Wombo!
♫ 한국어 팝 ♫
♡ 타일러 ♡
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 1:55pm | Report
Was he saying I'm -200 Elo, or that I'm going to lose 200 Elo trying that?
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:01pm | Report
please explain what's unviable about 250% AoE damage with decent AD and more than enough mana regen to sustain it.

92 range.

Literally smaller than auto attacks of melee champions.

You have to literally be on top of something to proc tiamat.

If you attack red golem, you won't hit his minions with tiamat.
Tri lane for life.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:04pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

92 range.

Literally smaller than auto attacks of melee champions.

You have to literally be on top of something to proc tiamat.

If you attack red golem, you won't hit his minions with tiamat.

92 range, really? It can't be THAT small. :/ If this is true then forget everything I said.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:12pm | Report
oh what i meant is the fact that the idiot in that video must be -200 elo for 1 not building ANY armor and 2 sticking so close together that that Tiamt actually did ****.
Also the tiamat has like 90 range what your saying makes no sense at all if you take that into account

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide