Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

shaco jungling routes?

Creator: caucheka May 9, 2011 8:34am
1 2
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 8:34am | Report
i've picked up shaco again and started jungling with him, doing some nice results but i can easily see why i dropped him..

normally i do the boxes at the little golems boxes at red and smite blue wraith, etc.. but the problem is that its probably the easiest jungle path for the enemy to screw up. they just have to casually meander in and pop his boxes, now his jungles ruined.

i know i can always start at blue, the 'normal' jungle path, but what other paths work with shaco?
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 8:38am | Report
Look at Regi's shaco guide. /thread
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 9:38am | Report
Get the kill then, have your entire team literally stand there and guard your ***.

Or you can start at blue. Just as easy. Just cant level 2/3 gank well then, might have to wait for 4.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 10:01am | Report
yeah zep i've tried that. either

a) people wont because they dont think i need it
b) people harass me for not doing the golem/red route.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 12:44pm | Report
Start at red, because if they pop boxes, you can always transition to blue. If you start at blue and they pop boxes, you CANNOT transition to red. Common sense.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 12:51pm | Report
well yeah i do that already but it just delays my jungling so much.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 1:24pm | Report

Start at red, because if they pop boxes, you can always transition to blue. If you start at blue and they pop boxes, you CANNOT transition to red. Common sense.

Hmm. I can't remember why that is. Care to remind me? :3
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 2:55pm | Report
have you ever tried jungling with shaco without blue

his mana is pitiful

Shaco can gank at level 2 or 3 extremely quickly because he has enough mana for a Deceive, JitB, and Two-Shiv. After that he pretty much HAS to go back. That's why Shaco is so weak later on if he's not successful early game. He's not a good jungler at all - it's more that jungling is the fastest and most effective way to abuse his skills early game, making him really hit-or-miss.

Granted, you hit most of the time, especially in low ELO.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 2:58pm | Report
Er... I failed a bit. Tired here >.>
What I meant to ask was why he can't take blue if the boxes gets popped the first time around.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 9, 2011 3:00pm | Report
Cause if they popped your boxes, they've forced your team out of the area immediately next to blue. Since Shaco is terrible at level one fights, you can't take that ground back and trying to go straight for blue again is risky, to say the least. You NEED help from your top lane and that puts both of you in danger.

Shaco can still jungle without red. Worst comes to worst, they take your red buff. If that's the case, you have infinite mana and can still pressure lanes and counter-jungle.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide