Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shaco players dying out?

Creator: Pip00p November 20, 2010 5:29am
1 2 3
Pip00p
<Member>
Pip00p's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 5:17am | Report
capi wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the game (playing about a month on/off) and I'm currently doing 3v3 solo queing w/ either ryze or nunu. I had a team mate that was playing shaco, and was looking like a very interesting champ- I originally come from playing a rogue in world of warcraft, so after looking over his skills, vids and reading a few builds on here, I'm determined to pick him up (just 1200IP more).

Anyway, I have been reading lots of the comments of the various builds concerning crit/AD/AS/jungling builds and was curious of which one I should go with since apparently Shaco was nerfed? I noticed in this topic, jungling seems the most appropriate at the moment. How would I go about building this up? I'm currently level 14 (so I'm sure I won't get all the runes/masteries that are effective).

I do have 2 other guys I que with at times, but they play nidalee and akali, which puts me w/ nunu (unless one of them picks up patheon or morde, in which case I go Ryze).

Wow, long post sorry :(

Any info would be highly appreciated!

Good to hear, he is indeed very, very interesting.
I do recommend a Jungle build if:
1) You don't have much Armor Penetration runes
2) You want easy, early kills
3) You have teammates who will know what they're doing in laning phases

I recommend a Burst/Assassin build if:
1) You want to play it safe but be successful
2) You are learning Shaco/don't have runes to support a DPS build (Burst is less item and rune dependent for the beginning stages)
3) You do not trust your teammates with handling a 2v1 lane (solo queue)

My build is far from complete, and I would like to finish it ASAP but I recommend the guides out there as of currently. They helped me get started on ideas for builds.
I hope you will enjoy Shaco, although he has been nerf; he is still very much viable for pub-stomping and fun!
My very own:

Kennen Love
capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 11:20am | Report
Pip00p wrote:

Good to hear, he is indeed very, very interesting.
I do recommend a Jungle build if:
1) You don't have much Armor Penetration runes
2) You want easy, early kills
3) You have teammates who will know what they're doing in laning phases

I recommend a Burst/Assassin build if:
1) You want to play it safe but be successful
2) You are learning Shaco/don't have runes to support a DPS build (Burst is less item and rune dependent for the beginning stages)
3) You do not trust your teammates with handling a 2v1 lane (solo queue)

My build is far from complete, and I would like to finish it ASAP but I recommend the guides out there as of currently. They helped me get started on ideas for builds.
I hope you will enjoy Shaco, although he has been nerf; he is still very much viable for pub-stomping and fun!

Yea that sounds about right as far as not trusting a 2v1 lane in solo queue. Learned last night that some people just push a bit too far and aren't ready for the players to show up behind them :( 0-6 w/ nunu and ryze last night (solo queue).

I am level 14 (almost 15) but dont have the "melee" runes. Most of the ones I have are AP, CDR, and I believe mp5 (at work right now lol).

I was thinking of building up a warwick until I can earn the IP to grab a shaco ( I have warwick bought already) and switch between the 2 (again, for solo queues).

Thanks for the replies by the way!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 2:42pm | Report
You always want to save your money for runes until you can use tier 3. Don't buy anything under tier 3, because to be honest, you don't really need them at early levels. Make sure you are comfortable with a few champions so you can buy the specific runes for them. We have a rune guide on here for that too. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255 :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
capi
<Member>
capi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2010 3:07pm | Report
animorte wrote:

You always want to save your money for runes until you can use tier 3. Don't buy anything under tier 3, because to be honest, you don't really need them at early levels. Make sure you are comfortable with a few champions so you can buy the specific runes for them. We have a rune guide on here for that too. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/rune-tips-what-secondary-and-primary-means-and-more-24255 :P

Wow, thanks for the link, LOTS of useful info there that I didn't know about. I wish I would of known about the tier 3 thing sooner, b/c I have already started buying runes already (they are all the tier 2 though)- didn't know I didn't really need them at my level (currently 14). I will be honest and say that I have made an error, b/c I do have 3 pages worth of tier 2 runes for different champs (tristana, ryze and nunu). But now I know not to buy any until tier 3 open which I think is in another 6 levels?

Anyway, guess I can start using Warwick (w/o buying runes) and keep saving for shaco :)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide