Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Sion with a 100% anti-kite build?

Creator: NicknameMy August 22, 2014 4:17pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2014 10:07am | Report
Well, GP has at least 2 forms of slows, a movement speed buff and a great way to apply Iceborn Gauntlet. He can also cleanse 1 cc. I never really had a problem to close gaps as tanky GP. Rather the enemies had problems closing the gap to me and my carry.

Why everyone wants GP as a carry? He is way more focused onto the utility/tanky style with his E and his slows. This is the role he excells at.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2014 5:49am | Report
Let's face it, at the moment GP excels at nothing.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2014 8:10am | Report
So many people say that to me, but they are rather quiet after I destroyed them.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2014 3:15pm | Report
I think that whether you destroy me or not says a lot more about you and me than about my statement. That said, I was talking about him in a Summoner's Rift situation. I know he can do well on the Howling Abyss.

If that was meant as an invitation, feel free to shoot me a pm to arrange for an epic battle :D

#shotsfired
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 7:13am | Report
How you wanne test a support in a 1vs1? It depends a lot on matchups and multiple other factors.

I also saw some GP support guides on mobafire, seems to be I am not the only one with that strategy.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 8:05am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
How you wanne test a support in a 1vs1? It depends a lot on matchups and multiple other factors.

I also saw some GP support guides on mobafire, seems to be I am not the only one with that strategy.

Your sudden pretentiousness is hard to swallow. GP does not excel at anything, not even at being a support. His Q damage is the same as the damage from a Lulu Q, Nami W, or pretty much any AP support's main damage tool, and they also have reliable engage/disengage, ranged AA poke and all you can do if they all in you or your carry is hope you two have a better all in, which doesn't happen in most scenarios.

GP's E has a windup which wears down it's anti-gank potential. He can't protect your carry without items or his ult. He is terrible against sustain matchups. Even Jarvan/Lee Sin supports outdo him due to their utility + early all in potential.

This idea that you discovered a gem noone else found annoys me to no end. GP's kit can only manifest itself fully with items, most of which you shouldn't even be finding in a support.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 1:35pm | Report
Shh Shh bro gangplank's got oranges. It's K
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 3:41pm | Report
yea, I played supportplank ages ago. :P probably before NicknameMy did

it sucks now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 4:05pm | Report
Bankplank support was ok-ish (but still very subpar) before season 4, when you were the only one who had a real gold advantage by constantly shooting people in the face thanks to masteries and runes
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2014 9:07pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
Bankplank support was ok-ish (but still very subpar) before season 4, when you were the only one who had a real gold advantage by constantly shooting people in the face thanks to masteries and runes

pretty much

the age of the masteries both in the cheat sheet AND the even older ones screenshotted in this guide show how inclined I was to bother to keep playing it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide