Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Spell Vamp

Creator: Azazel#2892 November 17, 2010 10:56pm
Azazel#2892
<Member>
Azazel#2892's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 10:56pm | Report
How does Spell Vamp work exactly. I realize it takes SV% * Magic Dmg = +HP.

Does it work as quickly as Life Steal (AD)?

I was playing Akali and as I was doing Magic Damage, and I wasn't healing immediately (like Life Steal), but after a few seconds, Green light swirled around me and boom like +500HP... Not sure if that was her skill proc'ing or Regular Spell Vamp (I had both trying to determine its usefulness).

Spell Vamp + Amumu's Tantrum? (2.7% +1%AP) True Damage or Magic Damage, and does Spell Vamp work in concurrence?
Spell Vamp + Sunfire Aegis?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:04pm | Report
If you're getting +500 then that's probably a healer on your team. The vamp is supposed to be as immediate as any lifesteal would be (try Morgana in a practice game, put a pool over a mass minion mob, you'll notice your health rising immediatly). Sunfire cape doesn't count as a spell because it is an item. Therefore that wouldn't work.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:16pm | Report
It works exactly the same as lifesteal except for those casters that never use physical attacks aside from last-hitting minions. It deals the stated percentage of magic damage dealt.

For however much magic damage you deal with an ability, the percentage is generally how much you are healed for.

Of course spell vamp isn't nearly as useful as lifesteal since you are hitting a hell of a lot more (as in quantity) with basic attacks assuming you have any attack speed. The more damage you deal, the higher percentage of life gained.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Simple Logic
<Member>
Simple Logic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:29pm | Report

Need in-depth and effective builds? Check out my profile
Currently working on: None
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:41pm | Report
Wow, that link really helped me understand a few things better.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Simple Logic
<Member>
Simple Logic's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 17, 2010 11:44pm | Report
animorte wrote:

Wow, that link really helped me understand a few things better.

Yeah you should probably bookmark it, just to go back and review some things :) I have it marked xD

Need in-depth and effective builds? Check out my profile
Currently working on: None

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide