Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Anivia? Is it viable?

Creator: Quite Nomible July 19, 2013 6:41am
1 2
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 6:41am | Report
Now I think about it, she has a slow, a stun, a wall, and her ultimate reduces attack speed and slows. Also her basic attack range is 600, and she can poke very well with her Flash Frost + Frostbite.
The stun is only very hard to hit, but I think that Crystallize is the most handy tool in the laning phase to help you from ganks or to trap someone in your range.
The only thing I worry about is her squishiness and that she will go oom without a Chalice of Harmony. Also she doesn't boost her carry with any stats.
I haven't tested this out yet, but I think she might be quite a decent support.

What do you guys think? Is this just my imagination or is this viable? :p
- met hans
- ja, goedemiddag
- het is nog morgen hoor
- o, dan bel ik u vanmiddag terug
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 6:53am | Report
Mana issues means she'll have to go back early for that chalice.
I imagine Crystallize would be a handy tool for separating the adc and support, aswell as preventing escapes. Her stun will be hard to land, but its well telegraphed, giving your adc a decent amount of time to respond, though it only lasts 1 second.
the attack speed debuff on her ult would be quite strong (as AS debuffs calculate for an enemies total AS, whereas AS buffs multiply of off the champs base AS) but if poorly positioned, the ult damage could push the lane.

I think she's viable, not optimal, but probably a fun pick for solo que.
EzEon
<Member>
EzEon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 7:20am | Report
Well. Short answer maybe, Better answer no. Why, high mana costs very difficult to land stun for people not use to playing her, but if you do know how to use her it MIGHT work the bad part again is she is so easy to kill if you have a gap closer and most junglers take champs like that and some adcs like quinn, and vayne and graves can easily close the gap and you may end up blocking your escape with the wall which means you take a lot of damage for nothing or you die. IT may work yes but Imo only in the lower tiers
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:11am | Report
Quoted:

very difficult to land stun for people not use to playing her

you could argue that she is a weak mid for people who aren't used to landing her stun, and that wouldn't be true

Quoted:

she is so easy to kill if you have a gap closer

Do you know what her passive does? She has Flash Frost and Crystallize too

Quoted:

you may end up blocking your escape with the wall which means you take a lot of damage for nothing or you die

this is an example of a mistake made by the player who is getting punished. This is not a flaw in the champion

in regards to support Anivia, it's viable but I don't think its that good. Ive done it 2 or 3 times.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:13am | Report
it's certainly funny...but I'd rather play support Fiddles
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:17am | Report
@Mooninites Appropriate sig is appropriate
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:17am | Report
In a nutshell, probably not.

She has a few quirks that she can abuse as a support, but overall her performance will suffer for reasons such as lack of mana, poor movement and survivability (yes, even with the egg). Her itemization is also likely to be awkward.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:20am | Report
No.

Too high mana costs, and very reliable on hitting Q as a support. Besides that, without the appropriate items she will be VERY squishy and susceptible do any dive-champs (dive/engage shuts her down in mid as well)
Quite Nomible
<Member>
Quite Nomible's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 8:24am | Report
Thanks for the input everyone :D.
I think it's indeed just a fun pick. Her survivability and mana problems are too big problems, but the skillset for a support isn't bad.
ik heb geen hoge pet van mezelf. als ik mezelf zie op televisie dan denk ik: dat kan ik ook wel.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 19, 2013 9:26am | Report
I used it in premade 5s to troll my own teammates, trapping my ADC in the enemy kill zones. We were playing a game of who could legitimately screw up his teammates the most/best.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide