Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Support Yorick too Strong?

Creator: Slizer002 November 28, 2011 3:15am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:14pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

I never said I was correct.

Your reading comprehension failed.

Thank you for the kind words --.--

I misread your comment. That can be attributed to a few things, most notably the fact that I'm writing this on a mobile with a really tiny screen and that makes it a royal pain in the *** to comment and the fact that you didn't quote the part you were responding to.
It's just a misunderstanding.
It's useless to discuss this any further. You're rating yorick highly while I'm rating him medium and that's that.
:discuss any further
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:17pm | Report
astrolia wrote:

As mentioned before in this thread, Nhat Nguyen (2k ELO and pro player) has been playing support Yorick in ranked games and having success doing so. This is his stream.

Cool. Does he says that yorick is anything better than niche though? Cuz that is what matters.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:27pm | Report
I wasn't the one who was rude to begin with. If you'd like kind words, then you should exercise kind words, whether or not you agree with me.

Nobody has said Yorick isn't something other than niche silly willy.

I'M saying Yorick -IS- NICHE, lol.

I think everyone comfortably agrees that he is niche.

But being Niche does not mean that he is not viable. In fact, being niche is not even bad.

He could potentially be (Potentially, keep this in mind) brutally strong in and against the right team compositions.

When the opposition has no reliable heal in the bot lane, and/or your team has a mean right clicker, those are the niches that Yorick fits perfectly into.

I don't know what lanes would counter him etc, but, he's not an "Every game" support that you bring into solo queue.

Also there are certain combos which work better with Yorick than others would in lane phase, naturally.

He also potentially allows for some very interesting champion selections.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:35pm | Report
Actually, you were rude first. Because I just said that saying something (that you didn't even say, lol) is dumb.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:37pm | Report
Hokay~
Slizer002
<Member>
Slizer002's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:50pm | Report
Searz, start using smileys in your posts - It makes it ALOT easier to figure out if you are "DEAD SERIOUS!" or "Just chillin' around ^-^"

I agree with both you and Duff, unfortunately I haven't been in the mood to play support all day, but I might give it a shot in near future again :)

And if you don't think Nhat is high enough then I dunno mate xD

Nhat got 55,3% winrate, and that guy DOES NOT play solo lane Yorick.

It's his 2nd most played champ only next to soraka in season 2.

Need more proof or can we agree that he is good? :'3

Nhat's runes for Yorick are: Mpen Marks, Mp5/lvl seals, flat CDR glyphs, gp5 quints

EDIT!: He is apparently Experimenting with Ashe support aswell, got a runepage with AD marks, Mp5/lvl seals, cdr glyphs and Arp Quints! o.o

Sounds interesting to me :'3

If someone can't stay alive in lane for 6:30 seconds on their own then they got problems.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 4:58pm | Report
Lol those runes are horribad for Support Ashe xD

And he's got it backwards, he should use AD quints and ArP reds wtf xD
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 1:27am | Report
Slizer002 wrote:

Searz, start using smileys in your posts - It makes it ALOT easier to figure out if you are "DEAD SERIOUS!" or "Just chillin' around ^-^"

I'm both. At the same time. Broooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quoted:
And if you don't think Nhat is high enough then I dunno mate xD

Lul, read what I said :P

Quoted:
EDIT!: He is apparently Experimenting with Ashe support aswell, got a runepage with AD marks, Mp5/lvl seals, cdr glyphs and Arp Quints! o.o

Daauum. Those are kinda bad.. I think I'd run:

ArP marks
Armor seals
CDR glyphs
HP, AD or GP10 quints

And yea, Nhat has the AD runes backwards.
"Well, basically you should treat me like a prostitute." - TotalBiscuit
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 2:01am | Report
tl;dr-

Searz is the brown headed girl, Duff is the blonde girl. I and the rest of the people watching you guys is the person holding the camera.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 2:21am | Report
Aaaaaawwwww, cute.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide