Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

The mighty "Cull" on Kennen top lane :)

Creator: Troy Sin January 2, 2016 11:18pm
Troy Sin
<Member>
Troy Sin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2016 11:18pm | Report
I have purchased Cull a few times for Kennen in the toplane, mostly after having an easy/good start to the game, like having an easy macthup, jungle pressure etc.

But i actually see it working on Kennen top in general!

I say this for several reasons;

1. Its really nice on Kennen in particular because I would often buy 2 Doran's blade in the early game anyway. And Cull provides pretty much the same damage+ more sustain, and the bonus Hp from Doran's you can live without if you have a succesfull early game (lvl. 1-6).

So having a Cull and a Doran's blade instead of 2 Doran's blades!

2. The Cull's "+3 Life on hit" is much better sustain than the "3% Lifesteal" from Doran's
(With Dorans you should get about 1.5 Hp from a basic attack in the early game.)

Also I am usually using some attackspeed runes on Kennen top, and since it is "Life on hit" that is a nice synergy.

3. I find Kennen's kit quite strong in the early game, and he has an easy time against most champ's, atleast with a lvl/pressure advantage. But he isnt really much of a killer imo. more of a "poke bully".
I mean unless your opponnent is overstaying in lane or making some pretty major mistakes you will not be able to solo kill a good player with a somewhat tanky champ.
But i do think he needs some sustain and attack damage for this early pressure and her*** in lane.
This does Cull deliver and then you get that lovely bonus gold! :)

4. Kennen could use a boost of gold in the midgame for Zhonya's and Rylais/Abyssal.
Which Cull gives by selling it for "180 g" (I think)and gaining the passive of "300+100 g".
(Cull passive should be quite easily finished at min. 20 if you buy it on one of your first backs.)

5. At the moment I am often using a sustain based kennen top, (think I might make a build guide and put it up!) and here Cull fits in well.

You are welcome to comment! And try taking a look at my build guide for Kennen :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide