Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

The turret first blood meta?

Creator: NicknameMy August 7, 2016 8:21pm
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2016 8:21pm | Report
Since turrets give now bonus gold if you kill them first, what do you think about the return of the fast turret kill meta, where you just pick picks to get down turrets really fast and this way get such a huge lead that you can snowball the game from this. This already happened before.

Basically: Nunu & Willump/ Nidalee jungle, maxing their AS buff, just gank for getting turrets and not kills, applying pressure so you can push.

Tristana ADC for the fast tower push.

Lulu support because she can give attack speed.

Strong lategame oriented top laner like Jax/ Irelia which benefits a lot from attack speed.

A control mage in the mid lane that can offer a lot cc for the team like Orianna. (Can be even the PoE Nashor's Tooth Orianna so she can help push hard as well)

This teamcomp can get up early leads through pushing down towers incredible fast and get jungle control over their enemies because of the strong counterjunglers. This means your team will get the early lead and through that you can skip your rather weak midgame and get into lategame where your teamcomp shines again. Turret First Blood can really snowball this. Also, do not forget, the amazing objective control a possible Nunu & Willump has.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2016 11:36pm | Report
isnt that what the meta was earlier? you know you do the lane swap and get the outer turrets 7 minutes in?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 1:06am | Report
u could draft an entire teamcomp dedicated to taking one tower

then get completely outmatched in every other category and not be able to use the gold advantage you get from first tower
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 3:36am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
isnt that what the meta was earlier? you know you do the lane swap and get the outer turrets 7 minutes in?

Pretty sure you see Jax and Irelia, Nidalee in LCS games right now, Tristana and Lulu maybe, the rest of the champions aren't viable, not because of the meta but because this theorycrafting is pretty bad lol.

"MAX NIDALEE ATTACK SPEED FIRST IN THE JUNGLE FOR 400 GOLD ITS WORTH IT"

Maybe I could do that, or alternatively I could not die to my buffs

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 5:51am | Report
I'm pretty sure there will simply be a huge emphasis on dominant lane picks to get these leads. Trying to build your comp solely around taking turrets will suck as comps above are mostly very weak in early game.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 6:39am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Trying to build your comp solely around taking turrets will suck as comps above are mostly very weak in early game.

Yeah, picking Tristana to get an early turret is an awful idea outside of lane swaps since matching her against someone like Lucian will mean she's constantly getting pushed in rather than actually damaging the tower.
MrMad2000
<Member>
MrMad2000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 7:47am | Report
I think you'll see champions like Caitlyn, Ashe and Jhin played even more in the bot lane if you're trying to go for the early game tower gold. Those three ADCs fare way better in lane against champions like Lucian or something compared to Tristana.
I am currently known as Sejwoonapiggle on EUW.
Add me for any queries or questions you have for me!
Check out my stream! I could use the support.
Click here to view my stream!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2016 8:09am | Report
Nidalee got picked some time ago for jungling pre rework just because of her attack speed buff to fastpush towers.
He is gonna kill you!!!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide