Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Titan: The Rogue Drifter My LoL Champion Idea....

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS September 17, 2010 9:19am
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2010 9:19am | Report
Today, 09:14 AM
First of all this was me merely being bored at work. I figured LoL needs a new stealth champion. Here is what I came up with.

Titan: The Rogue Drifter (Disabler, Assasin, Nuke, Pusher, Snare)

I haven't decided if he would be the only non ninja energy user or a mana user. Energy would feel more strategic meaning you couldn't just spam buttons but mana would allow for button spam but decrease the time you could stay in a lane.

Appearance: A cloaked figure with green glowing eyes. Dressed in black and grey with a red scarf covering his nose and mouth, the scarf trails behind him as he moves.

Weapons: Either 2 daggers one in a normal grip the other reversed, 2 tonfas, or 2 fist weapons. Classic Rogue ideal of dual-wielding of course.

Overview:
Health-Medium
Spells-Weak
Attacks-High
Difficulty-Medium

Abilities:

Passive:
Detection-When Titan hits an enemy champion he gains "Detection" allowing him to see enemy wards, traps, and stealthed champs within range (Range:600) of his last hit target for 4 seconds. Does not apply to minions. The effect cannot occur more than once every 7 seconds.

Snare-Passive: Titans attacks apply a stack of Immobilizing poison. When the stacks hit 7 the enemy champion is snared for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. The snare effect cannot occur on the same target more than once every 10 seconds. Active: Titan places a trap on the ground which stealths after 1.5 seconds. When an enemy champion steps on the snare they are instantly snared for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds and poisoned for 10 seconds recieving 30/40/50/60/70 magic damage over that period of time. CD 20/19/18/17/16 seconds.

Shroud: Titan becomes stealthed for 20/25/30/35/40 seconds. While stealthed his movement speed is increased by 5/10/15/20/25%. Attacking a target will drop stealth and apply 4 stacks of Titan's immobilizing poison instantly. If his inital attack has a critical strike the attack will apply 6 stacks of his immobilizing poison instantly. (Range: Personal)

Envenom: Titan's attack applies a poison stack(s) equal to the number of Immobilizing poison stacks on a target. The posion ticks for 20/40/60/80/100 magic damage over 10 seconds. Envenom's DoT affect when multiple stacks are applied (still need to refine that). Up to 6 stacks may be applied at a time. Attack can be activated a second time to cause instant damage 50/100/150/200/300 magic damage(+ 30% Attack Damage) to the target. However this removes the Immobilizing Poison and target champion gains "Immunized" for 3 seconds preventing Titan from applying any more posion for that period. Cool Downs 12/10/8/6/4 seconds
(Range: 300)

Coup de gra (Merciful Blow): Titan mortally wounds his opponent dealing 150/250/350 + (100% Attack damage). If the opponent is afflicted by Envenom it refreshes the duration of the poison. If the target has 4 stacks of Immobilizing posion on them they are instantly snared for 1/2/3 seconds. Cool Downs 70/60/50 seconds. (Range: 400)

So this is what I came up with. I'm sure it will never happen but this is a character I think people would be interested in playing. My scales may be off and the damage out put may be a bit high but I offer my creativity to you folks.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2010 2:33pm | Report
k lemme tell you what i think:

passive: while it does sound like a neat idea, it doesnt really have much use when not against a hero who has stealth, as i barely see anyone putting down wards. (but then again being able to go invis might make them buy wards.)

snare: the passive aspect is good. however, a 5 second cooldown for a 3 second snare, even if it can only be used in the grass... i would make it usable anywhere, and just make the cd 20.

shroud: its nice to see an invis that doesnt last a full minute. i dont know about the movespeed bonus though, perhaps one that increases per level? (5/10/15/20/25)

envenom: i think the damage is too high, at full stacks it would be 60 damage per second for 10 seconds. plus it should have an ap modifier, seeing as how nothing else does ap it would be pretty high.

coup de grace(you misspelled): the damage aspect is fine. i dont think the refreshing poison duration is redundant, as just by hitting an opponent it would refresh duration. i would also remove the immobilizing poison effect and possibly lower cd (60/50/40) but then again just doing damage would be pretty bland.

as for mana/energy, i would see this being an energy user, so the cds and ccost might have to be adjusted accordingly.

oh and as for your signature, turrets do flat damage because the tanks job is to get hit and not die. that would be like saying everything should do a percent of health instead of flat damage.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Gigaffect
<Member>
Gigaffect's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2010 3:21pm | Report
It's a cool idea. I feel like his ult should have something like Garen's ult, where it kills them faster when they're already close to dying. Just seems like the the whole Coup de grace idea.

I had an idea for my own champion (hope it doesn't steal your thunder or anything). The third in the inevitable trilogy of pirates, it's...

Brandis, the Rakish Swashbuckler!

A tall, slender human wielding a rapier. Think Inigo Montoya (think I spelled that right) but with different hair. Very charismatic, narcissistic, and dramatic.

Mana (maybe energy) based Melee DPS.

Passive: Flashy Riposte: When Brandis dodges an attack, he deals X damage to the attacker.

Dashing Assault: Moves similar to Shen's taunt, but deals damage to each enemy he passes through instead.

Rogue's Luck: Passive: Brandis reduces the target of his melee attacks' dodge. Active: Brandis' dodge is increased for a short time.

Cutting Words: Brandis yells out insults, dealing damage in a cone and taunting enemies for a short time.

Bloodbath (ult): Brandis hits a weak spot with his rapier, dealing magic damage + a percent of his target's current (yes, CURRENT) health each second for X seconds.

(He's based on a DnD character of the same name that I have been playing. Sorry I don't have actual numbers, I came up with it on the fly)

Click on them. You know you want to. Except Jax. He's just there for color.
Yo, I'm Urgot. See that plane? BOOM.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2010 10:35am | Report
/chuckle at Giga

Your champion idea is interesting. The abilties are a bit odd, if he was to be a tank the taunt would be fine but if he's a melee DPSr I think the last thing you want is to taunt 4 enemies in a cone to attack you. When the taunts over they might decide to keep hitting you XD.

As for Coup de grace as a finisher akin to Garen's that was honestly my first idea. But It just felt too bland to me. I've played Garen and I like him but he is one of the most boring champs I've ever played. Sure it's because he's a straigh forward champ and doesn't have a lot of frills but I only play him once in awhile.

@ Caucheka: I appreciate your opinions and everything you mentioned is stuff that floated around in the back of my mind as I tried to create his abilities. I'm a wow addict or an ex (havent played in a few months because LoL is just so damn addicting) and played a Lock so my mortal enemy/target on the battlefield were Rogues. With Titan I tried to create that sense of being a rogue. Playing against them and having loads of friends who were Rogues afforded me a lot of lessons on how they work so I tried to emmulate that with LoL mechanics.

His passive is an obvious counter stealth mechanic. Imagine laning against Twitch or Evelynn and hitting their lane mate to see their sillohette (<can't spell) in the bushes. Of course it is merely a built in ward every 7 seconds so it's affectiveness may be only during the laning phase. Though chasing down an enemy with your team into a forest during five's means they have 4 less seconds of escape because you can cut them off rather effectively.

Snare: I can see what you mean it's a bit heavy handed and that's why I thought about only allowing it in bushes to justify the short CD. But increasing the CD to 20 works and allowing it anywhere would be relitively balanced. I just thought of it as a gank tool/ escape mechanism, enemy beats on you to half HP and you run into the bushes they chase and end up snared allowing you to punish them. Of course with the change you suggested it still works well too.

Enevenom: This is the one thing that I took a lot of time to think about but I was unable to articulate exactly how I wanted it to work. I wanted it to be a poison/ instant damage attack. Using the instant damage component removes the DoT and the scale of course needs to be adjusted. Something along those lines.

Coup de Grace: I wanted a finisher but wanted frills too. I'm glad the damage mechanic scale is serviceable in your opinion. The title would lead us to believe it is a finisher and that is how I wanted it to feel. You get all your poisons rolling on a target and then you use Coup De Grace dealing an insane chunk of damage most likely killing them. Perhaps leave the damage and change the modifier to something along the lines of Garen's. Every 3 health missing is 1 point of extra damage. But then it just doesn't feel right to me. I don't know plenty of time to spit ball this. If Riot ever grabbed this idea up I'd be happy.

As for my Sig. I understand the tanks roll. I've filled it on many occassions, but there is something about watching tank and non tank characters alike with high Health Pools (Though my main focus was on the full on Tank Comp) tower diving a friendly who has full HP and the turret does nothing to them as they completely demolish my team mate. I've done it many a time and laughed hard as I playing Olaf or Mordekaiser start wailing on a turret while the person guarding it sat there hitting me doing essentially no damage to me. My minions die and I keep on going, killing the turret and having about 75% hp left enough to kill the person who wasn't smart enough to leave when they had the chance. Percent damage at least means they (and I) have to think more about when to towerdive and when to not towerdive. Yes it means that killing a turret really can't be left to 1 person anymore without minions. I feel it would at least be worth a week worth of testing in games. So a mini patch. Then you get feed back. I'm sure the result would be people QQing about how the original flat damage was better. So it would return to how it was, but for a week my friends and I wouldn't feel completely useless in a game when all that happens is a tower dive extravaganza.

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate the feed back.

-JEFFY40HANDS
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2010 1:44pm | Report
you're welcome. if you haven't seen it yet, would you mind checking out my character and telling me what you think?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 19, 2010 10:19pm | Report
They've got a test realm if they were to implement that idea so I wouldn't say a mini-patch should be released.
P.S. Caucheka, stop adverting your builds, Potatis is gonna -1 you, so you better hide but he gon' find you. ;p

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 20, 2010 12:44am | Report
b-wong... have you gone craaazy?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2010 12:30pm | Report
And the lawls insue. Yes of course PTR is available to test it. /facepalm. Now only if they try it out.
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2010 2:44am | Report
Oh, oh I got an idea:

Alkashir, the Reanimator
/or ZIE MASTER OF SHADOEWS!!!11! :D:D:D:D:D

<Shaco / Karthus}: Lore>

Passive: Mind****
Enemies who search in brush that you have recently been in will see an optical illusion of you in the brush,
controllable for 2 seconds (disapears if it leaves brush).
Q: Toxic Cloud
Spreads a poison around an targeted area, weakening and dealing damage over time to all enemies.
W: Raise Dead
Can raise 1/2/3/4 minions (per cast) from the dead, max 4/6/8/10.
Or max 1/2/3/4 minions (+1 per cast). Can surround an enemy champion, "snare" -kill minion to get lose.
E: Alone in the Dark
Targets an area which limits the sight range of all enemy champion, in otherwords covers it in fog of war.
R: Shadow Possession
Target to controll an enemy champion for 2/3/4 seconds, disrupted if attacked (Channeling).

Note: "Alone in the Dark" can be countered by Stealth Detection, like Vision Ward, Oracle, Corky & TF.
PS: Just trying to revive Shaco as a caster and just mind**** in general, he can also push turrets /w minions.
Atarios
<Member>
Atarios's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2011 9:21pm | Report
This is like a More cool version of Twitch and Nasus XD
Thanks Jhoi,Xenasis,JEFFY40HANDS for the Sigs ! :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide