Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Trying to build an more offensive Elise build,...

Creator: HeliosDaGreat February 7, 2016 3:03am
HeliosDaGreat
<Member>
HeliosDaGreat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2016 3:03am | Report
Hey, I am trying out a new Elise build, as I like playing her and don't really like the Rylai's into tanky items build. I am currently have quite a lot of success in my ELO, so I want to hear thoughts of players with higher ELO.

Start:

Hunter's Talisman + Refillable + Warding Totem

Early - Mid Game:

Tracker's Knife (Runic Echoes) + Swifty Boots (Standard) / Ionian Boots (if snowballing)

Then slowly get:

Rylai's Crystal Scepter > Nashor's Tooth > Liandry's Torment > Zhonya's Hourglass/Dead Man's Plate

Sometimes if I am really snowballing, I would buy a Hextech Gunblade for some decent lifesteal as well.
Hi! I am a new member to this community, and I hope to make friends with some of you nice people out there!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2016 4:37am | Report
Nashors is a really bad item for Elise (she doesnt really need or make good use of the attack speed), instead I'd try Abyssal. I'm also not entirely sold on Liandry's: the spell pen is good but the upgrade from haunting guise is very mediocre for Elise.
Limits
<Member>
Limits's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 12:47am | Report
Hey HeliosDaGreat,

I definitely agree with Vynertje about the Nashor's tooth because if you build damage and are kind of fed you will usually burn the target down with a single combo, the only use for attack speed really is for the early clears imo.

I'm not sure what your experience has been using hextech, it's never something I've thought to use on Elise so i couldn't say whether its a good idea or not, that will be up to you to decide whether you feel its worth the pretty high price (not too sure it is).

In my experience if you want to go for a more AP heavy build adding Abyssal and Zhonya's on top of the Rylai's and Liandry's that you already have will make you pretty damn strong, but will also add some defensive stats and utility for you and your team. However I would only recommend doing this if you already have 2 decent tanks in the team or are already snowballing the game pretty hard ^^.

Last but not least,
Vynertje wrote:
I'm also not entirely sold on Liandry's: the spell pen is good but the upgrade from haunting guise is very mediocre for Elise.
, I want to know why exactly you don't like the liandry's on Elise, considering it has imo great synergy with her kit dealing more damage to movement impaired enemies, helping her burn down tanks faster on top of her base % health damage, I don't really see any downsides.

I'm currently testing out a build for her where I replace Rylai's with Liandry's completely, and it seems to add extra damage even though you sacrifice the movement slow from Rylai's but I don't really feel the use of that slow except maybe for ganks.

I hope this helps and GL!

Limits
I'm Artemis. I originally played CoD semi-professionally, but since season 4 quit everything else to almost exclusively play league. Oh and because jetpacks became a thing.

Since starting League I've almost exclusively played jungle ~95% of my overall games and peaked in s9 at Diamond 2 52LP. I spent half a year coaching Jungle while at university but after graduating took a role in the esports industry and put coaching on the back burner. This is my first step back into educational League.

I've mained multiple different champions throughout, but the standouts are Elise & Camille, so let's start there.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 1:06am | Report
The way I see it Elise is a burst champion and doesn't make much use of a DOT item.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 4:18am | Report

Last item Void Staff

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 4:21am | Report
Out of curiosity: why didn't you get abyssal there?
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2016 4:47am | Report
Only magic damage threat was LeBlanc who would've not cared about me having the extra magic resist. Zhonya's worked in my favor as I didn't need to use spider form E to escape her burst. I'm also not entirerly sure if I get the passive from Void Staff if I'm in ranged form so it just seemed to be a insufficient item.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
HeliosDaGreat
<Member>
HeliosDaGreat's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 19, 2016 5:42pm | Report
Thanks for the tips guys!

I've been thinking, what about Iceborn Gauntlet? I remember that Runeglaive was a really powerful item on her, and I think I should use that Sheen proc thing (not sure if it stacks with Rylai's)

But well, I like the stats on it, kind of like Frozen Heart (quite popular on Elise) with a less tanky passive.

So know, I'm thinking about

Stalker's (Runic Echoes) > Swift Boots > Rylai's > IBG > Banner of Command > Abyssal Scepter > Dead Man's Plate
Hi! I am a new member to this community, and I hope to make friends with some of you nice people out there!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide