Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Wukong: Questions Concerning Build, Runes,...

Creator: Ferrick March 16, 2012 6:33pm
1 2 3
Ferrick
<Member>
Ferrick's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 6:33pm | Report
I just picked up Wukong and find him fun. In my research here and at other places I come across two mind sets whereby either his Masteries are set as 21/9/0 or 0/21/9. I have not settled on whether offense or defense should be the better choice.

As for his Runes the chosen Marks are AD and Quints AD or Marks and Quints of Desolation. Since his Q and E are based off of AD damage I can see the former but if I am not mistaking Armor pens carry throughout the game.

* What is your opinion and preferred choice?

* In addition, is Wukong basically limited to either Top or Jungle early game?

* I don't play ranked just blind pick PVP normal.

Any other advice would be welcome. Thanks.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 6:40pm | Report
for quints/reds make one ad and the other set arpen.

early game, hes pretty much limited to top.

as for masteries it depends on what you're building. i like to go 21 defensive.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 7:32pm | Report
If you're mixing AD and ArP runes, get AD quints and ArP reds. 2 ArP reds = 1 ArP quint, while 2.368 AD reds =~ 1 AD quint. AD reds are just not as powerful as ArP reds, comparatively.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 9:32pm | Report
AD or ArP Marks + Quints (Depends on which you max 1st, Crushing Blow or Nimbus Strike. Late game ArP should be better)
Armor Seals
MR or MR/lvl glyphs.

Masteries, leave it to yourself to decide. But I'll pick at least 9 points in offence for 10% bonus penetration. Utility is not really needed, WK doesn't need a little bonus mana/mana regen or revive time, especially if you are building tanky. Movement speed is unneeded as you have a rushing skill. Defence tree > Utility tree, Offence tree = Defence tree in usefulness.

I've seen WK as mid-laner, and WK and another rusher as bottom laners. This can be effective : Mid laners usually are squishy mages/AD carries. In a short fight, WK can beat them easily. However, it is whether you can take the damage they constantly harrass you or not. As a duo laner, even before your ult, if your ally as a good CC (etc XZ's Three Talon Strike or Maokai's Twisted Advance) it is easy to take down support/ad carries or basically any combination of focusing a single target.

Taking Flash is always good. Exhaust for fighting purposes, ignite if your team doesn't have it (ONLY IF that is the case), heal for fighting multiple enemies, ghost is unreccomended but possible.

Hope it helps :)
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 16, 2012 9:39pm | Report
why is ghost unreccomended? unless you are flashing over a wall a ghost beats flash 90% of the time.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 8:14am | Report
Ghost gives more ground covered, because it lasts 10 seconds. It's better for straight-up chases and escapes, but is weak against hard CC, which waste its duration.

Flash gives instantaneous movement. It's better for instances when it can be used to go across walls, when it can be used for dodging skillshots, for very strong initiations with some champions, against teams with lots of hard CC, for escaping certain champions ultimates, and for many other things. It's weak in straight-up chases.

In general, people prefer the utility of Flash over the chasing ability of Ghost.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 8:55am | Report
Actually, stonewall jungles Wukong quite effectively. With the combination of Warrior Trickster and Nimbus Strike he can dodge wards and he has high damage ganks.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 2:22pm | Report
How well does Armorpen work with Crushing Blow? Does mixing flat pen with his percentage work well?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 3:50pm | Report

How well does Armorpen work with Crushing Blow? Does mixing flat pen with his percentage work well?

That's actually armor reduction, which is calculated before penetration. When Wu uses Crushing Blow, the enemy's armor will be reduced by 30%, and then his penetrations act upon this new armor value. This means that Crushing Bow increases the value of armor penetration, whether that penetration is flat or percentage.

Ferrick
<Member>
Ferrick's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2012 4:18pm | Report
First, thanks for the helpful responses. Second, I will now hijack my own thread. :)

I have been building Wukong with Wriggles Lantern for its early damage and life steal (yes, the added armor is nice as well) and then Mercs and building towards Trinity Force.

But now with the upcoming LuLu patch RIOT is nerfing life steal which affects Wriggles. Would you say it is still a viable option or should I skip and rush boots > Phage > Mercs > and then finish Trinity Force?

* I realize builds are situational.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide