Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ziggs - I'm Sorry, did I ruin your day.

Creator: AncientNecro February 1, 2012 6:43am
Queso
<Member>
Queso's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 1, 2012 1:55pm | Report

You mean "spell vamp", the issue is Ziggs is ALL AoE. So spell vamp has reduced effectiveness. Couple that with longish cool downs on everything but his Q and you're not looking at a very optimal build. IMO you should just stick with a standard AP build. BUT, that doesn't mean you cant try it.

^^I agree. In addition to the aoe penalty he only has one spammable skill so you won't get much use out of the vamp except in a burst every time your ult is up. I do think your idea is worth testing jeffy , but I don't want to lol.

Lich Bane looks very strong on him. Would it be worth it to get the sheen completed early on? (Boots, Dorans, Sheen, Deathcap?)

His passive hurts towers as well, so I think taking demolishionist mastery on him is valid. (lose one point in havoc)
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 1:03pm | Report
I actually just tried a ManaMune + Lich Bane combo. It worked surprisingly well. I found myself wanted a little extra movement speed, but it's a perfect kiting build. Plus it actually makes you halfway effective vs. turrets :)

I went into a deathcap immediately after but the game ended before I could finish building it.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 2:15pm | Report
Lichbane with his passive makes him a tower killer. Manamune sounds like a waste of an item slot to me.
uwontprevail
<Member>
uwontprevail's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 2:29pm | Report
Build him hybrid and see the fun.

i like to build him with a gunblade, trinity force, crystal scepter, frozen mallet, infinity edge, and berserker greaves.
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 2:30pm | Report
I like to play him really safe, and spam skills like a madman as early in the game as possible. With the current meta, that early game is crucial. I guess more damage / boots is probably smarter in most cases. Meh, I had fun with it ^_^

uwontprevail
<Member>
uwontprevail's Forum Avatar

I actually just tried a ManaMune + Lich Bane combo. It worked surprisingly well. I found myself wanted a little extra movement speed, but it's a perfect kiting build. Plus it actually makes you halfway effective vs. turrets :)

I went into a deathcap immediately after but the game ended before I could finish building it.

quints of swiftness are so much fun.
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards

Build him hybrid and see the fun.

i like to build him with a gunblade, trinity force, crystal scepter, frozen mallet, infinity edge, and berserker greaves.

Holy Balls.

Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 1:46pm | Report

Holy Balls.

Hahahahahaha
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 2:19pm | Report
About spellvamp:

So lets say Ziggs deals 400 damage after reductions with his Q and has WotA.

With 20% of spellvamp, he would heal himself for 80 health. But since Q is AoE skills, he heals for 1/3 of it. In this example, he would heal for ~ 26 health. But that goes for one target. If he manages to hit, lets say, 5 minions, he would heal for ~130 health.

Lets talk about ultimate. If he deals like 600 damage after reductions and he has WotA.

He would heal for 120 health, because its AoE, he would heal for 40 health. He manages to hit lets say 2 champions surrounded by 4 minions. That is 6*40, which means he is healed for 240 health.

Just some maths, now its up to you if you think this is a good way to build him.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Buranri
<Member>
Buranri's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2012 5:07pm | Report
What's the point of his W? I mean obviously knocking people away, but I haven't had too much success with it.

I feel like kind of an off-tank build might work well. Early game focus on survivability and mana production, so you can just spam his Q a lot. Or perhaps building his masteries to be a bit tankier. I'll test a bit later tonight.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide