Build Guide by Zarta
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
^^^Just a Test^^^
Mordekaiser build for 5v5 & 3v3 revised
Essencials for a Successful Meatshield Morde
- 8.55 Magic Pen (cost 410 IP)
- 6.75% Dodge (cost 820 IP)
- 8.1% Cooldown Reduction at lvl 18 (0.45% / level)
- 4.92% Cooldown Reduction at start
- 5.67 Magic Pen (cost 1020 IP can't remember tho)
Over all CDR at level 18 before Gear and Masteries = 13.02%
- If against casters and other Magic dmg. dealers
- If against melee and Phy dmg. dealers
- If you are going to solo land Morde get these boots. It will allow you to chase down and champs to finish them off -or- at least get you in range to *pop* your Ulti and/or ignite on them. Also help for retreating but your Morde, you shouldn't ever have to retreat.
- If your not going to solo lane or you want more Flat Magic Pen. get these. I typically don't do this just because I do solo with Morde and I want all the movement I can get but because of Force of Nature's passive; 8% increased Movement speed. It's not a bad idea to have.
- Some say this is a ****py gear item because of the cost of Warmog's Armor and no real passive or active stats. I beg to differ. As a tank you need HP and Warmog is where it's at.
- This is a must on all Mordies. Why? Because of the Health, 15% Cool Down Reduction, and Active. The acvite is a speed boost for you and surrounding allies for 2 seconds. Excellent for chasing down and Killing that little *fill in the word of your choice here* carry -or- getting you (or allies) butt out of a possible death
That is all to the core build. Other items will be discussed later on at the bottom on this page
There are 2 different ways to set the Masteries for Morde
Soloing - 9/0/21
Not Soloing - 9/21/0
Since Mordekaiser is a Magic dealer we need 9 points in the OFFENSE tree to get to Archaic Knowledge (Magic spells penetrate 15% of the target's magic Resistance). This is imperative! 15% is varable not a flat reduction.
The best way to get here is Selecting these masteries out of the offense tree: Deadliness
There is no need for Morde to have Exhaust or Smite so the best choice is 3-Deadliness & 1-Sawy. Sorcery is a must becuase of the CDR and its the preceeding factor to Archaic Knowledge.
Now your probably thinking, Gage why the hell are you putting 21 talents into the Utility tree?! Morde is a tank he needs those in the Defense tree for Dmg. reduction.
This is why:
icon=Presence of the Master (Reduces the CD of summoner spells by 15%
icon=Intelligence (Additional 6% CDR)
[/icon=Quickness size=32] (Increased Movement by 3% - doesn't sound like much but when you have Force of Nature & Enhanced Movement 3 your movement speed will be 433.
[/icon-Utility Mastery size=32] (This is just a filler except for the Barron Buff- I will generally let my teammates have the buffs bc Morde has no use for the Blue Golem Buff and Attacks too slow to have much use for the Red Lizard Buff)
[/icon=Greed size=32] Get money get paid! Your prob thinkin man just ->
(1 gold / 10 sec) = 6g/min I know its not much but that's a min of 150g (if one team surrenders at 25 min)
[/icon=Awareness size=32] This is a must if you are Soloing. Generally if you can sustain your lane without needing much help and aren't getting killed Morde will almost always be 2 levels higher than his opponets.
[/icon=Good Hands size=32] Always good to have just incase you die (which you shouldn't ever die more than 4 or 5 times in a 5v5. If you do then you are doing something wrong. Probably over extending and getting ganked. Being Greedy and turret diving to kill the little (insert word of choice here) that's running away.)
[/icon=Perseverence size=32] The HP regen is great, extra 4%. Morde can achieve 175-195 HP5 with the right gear.
[/icon=Haste size=32] This is a must. Just in case you need a fast retrete or quick run down for a Killing Blow this will increase your Ghost spell by and additional 8% and last 1.5 sec longer.
Ways to build Mordekaiser
Left - HP/CRD/PHY resist
Great against Physical dmg. dealers [primarily melee except for some champs like Garen whos Ulti is Magic Dmg.
Ungodly amount of health
Highest amount of CDR 40%
Ability to tank towers b/c of the 70%-something reduced PHY dmg.
Decent movement speed
Slowing effect from Randuin's Omen
2 sec speed boost from Shurelya's Reverie
More AoE from Sunfire Cape
Not enough Magic resist
Low magic Pen (I like to keep around 20)
Middle - HP/Mag. Resist/CDR
Excellent against Casters and other Magic dealers
Good HP5 [39HP/sec @ lvl 18]
Great Movment (437, should be able to bail out quickly and chase down runners except Sivir and Singed)
Ability to excape 1 ability [snare, blind, slience, etc..] ever 60 sec from Banshee's Veil
Not enough Phy. Resits
Right - Balanced Resist/CDR
-Note- I generally use this build only in 3v3 if the dmg is split 2-1 (2 burst damages dealers and 1 non-burst ie: the tank) You prob wont use this build but try it out. This build can potentially have the most CDR if your using the right runes, masteries, and gear.
Decent Phy/Magic Resist
Lower CRD then other builds but still 37%
-Resist then I like