Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides

Varus Build Guide by remotenightowl


79K
Views
0
Comments
2
Votes
Rating Pending
Like Build on Facebook Tweet This Build Share This Build on Reddit
League of Legends Build Guide Author remotenightowl

Crit Varus Season 8 Guide (Includes anti-tank build)

remotenightowl Last updated on November 9, 2017
x
Did this guide help you? If so please give them a vote or leave a comment. You can even win prizes by doing so!
Vote
Comment

You must be logged in to comment. Please login or register.

I liked this Guide
I didn't like this Guide
Commenting is required to vote!

Thank You!

Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.

Guide Top

Introduction

Well hello! Welcome yet again to another guide by yours truly! Today we are looking at ADC Varus with a focus on a crit build. As a mid range ADC Varus is pretty easy to pick up and was actually the first ADC I picked up in Season 3. Packing a hard punch with some sniping ability as well, Varus is a formidable ADC to deal with and definitely can turn the tides of a game with a good ultimate. With all guides remember that this is simply a resource for you to learn from and that it is up to you, the player, to ultimately execute with Varus his potential. As always there is a YouTube guide below as well as an Advanced League Tips guide to show you how to use Varus's Ultimate. I hope you enjoy summoner!

YouTube Guide: Coming Soon!

Advanced Varus Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwivUgyHCU


Guide Top

Items

- Critical Strike

- So for Varus we are looking at a Crit build specifically. To synergize both for auto attacks and with his abilities, we are going to build Essence Reaver, Runaan's Hurricane/ Phantom Dancer, and Infinity Edge. These 3 items will give you a mix of 70% Crit chance, lots of AD, and attack speed. You'll need Essence Reaver for the Mana Refund on Crits and the extra cooldown reduction, which with this build you'll get to 30%. Infinity Edge for even more damage and 20% increase damage on crits, and with your attack speed items they are situational. Because of Varus's Passive you only need to build one attack speed item. So like I said they are situational. For more spread damage and extra stacks from your Blighted Quiver build Runaan's Hurricane, or for more durability and the ability to ignore unit collision, build Phantom Dancer, both give the same base stats, but each has a different passive for a different situation.

- Attack Speed

- Again just want to re-enforce that these 2 items are situational and you only need to build one. Runaan's Hurricane for more spread damage and Blighted Quiver stacks, OR, Phantom Dancer for more survivability.

- Damage

- Here your core will be Essence Reaver and Infinity Edge. These give heavy AD each and help your Piercing Arrow pack a harder punch since it's AD scaling is insane. The next items are situational however. The Bloodthirster/ Blade of the Ruined King are your choices here. Go The Bloodthirster against Squishier teams, or Blade of the Ruined King against tankier Teams. And finally for your Last Whisper item, Lord Dominik's Regards against most teams, or, if it is a team with a lot of heals, for Mortal Reminder.

- Lifesteal

- Again, build One of the following 2 items situationaly. The Bloodthirster against squishier teams, and Blade of the Ruined King against tankier teams.


Guide Top

Build Order

- So this is pretty straight forward. Rush B. F. Sword then build Berserker's Greaves. Finish Essence Reaver, then either build Runaan's Hurricane or Phantom Dancer for your situational Attack speed item. Then, build either The Bloodthirster or Blade of the Ruined King for your situational Lifesteal item. Now, pay attention here. If you go for the The Bloodthirster build, then buy Infinity Edge 5th. If you go for the Blade of the Ruined King build, then get your Last Whisper item 5th. Then whatever is left for your 6th item depending on your build, finish with that item.


Guide Top

Runes

Runes

Greater Quintessence of Attack Speed
3

Greater Glyph of Attack Speed
9

Greater Seal of Armor
9

Greater Mark of Attack Damage
9


- These Runes Provide you with a good early game for an ADC. Attack Speed Quints and Glyphs for your auto attacks. Armor Seals for Durability, and AD Marks for Damage.


Guide Top

Leveling Abilities

Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- Do this every game, period. Basically you max Piercing Arrow first for sniping potential and heavy poke damage. Then Max Blighted Quiver second because its free damage and the mid game power spike with the percent max HP damage helps with Chain of Corruption synergy. Max Hail of Arrows last and as always, Chain of Corruption at 6, 11, and 16.


Guide Top

Ability Combos

AAx3 -> Hail of Arrows -> AAx3 -> Piercing Arrow

- This is your Primary Damage combo. Remember that your Blighted Quiver stacks max at 3 on an enemy so try and get them to 3 before using an ability to pop them. Otherwise auto attack when you can and when trading use your abilities to get off the Blighted Quiver stacks that you can. This combo only represents the ideal trade.

- Other than the combo seen above please use the Advanced League Tips video I provided for using Varus's Chain of Corruption

*AA = auto attack


Guide Top

Pros / Cons

- Pros

- High Damage, both Burst and Sustain
- Blighted Quiver Stacks deal Percent Max HP damage
- Chain of Corruption can lock down an entire team for 2 seconds per person
- Sniping capabilities with Piercing Arrow

- Cons

- Low mobility
- Lacks lots of damage when behind
- Can get poked easily
- Relies heavily on positioning


Guide Top

Teamwork

So as the ADC you need a good peel capable team. Supports that go good with Varus are Zyra, Thresh, and Karma. Try and have your support play these champs if they know how to. When it comes to a team focus, you team NEEDS to keep you protected, so make it clear in chat that you need peel and protection if they don't seem to be playing around that. Now with team fights, your Chain of Corruption is a great engage tool as well as an unexpected lock down that can tilt enemies, so landing it is necessary. If landed in close quarters it will spread to the other enemies and lock them down for great team fights and setups.


Guide Top

Conclusion

So in conclusion, Varus is a great ADC that hits hard and can really do some serious damage. I again want to re-hash the fact that this guide is meant to supplement you with the information needed to play Varus, and that it is ultimately up to you, the player, to execute at the best of your abilities. Well I hope you enjoyed this guide and learned something new today about how to play Varus. See you soon on the Rift Summoner, Cheers!