This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Varus Build Guide by remotenightowl
Lethal Tempo Varus for Season 8
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
YouTube Guide: Coming Soon!
Advanced Varus Tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwivUgyHCU
- Since your playing with Lethal Tempo, 5 of your 6 items will be Attack Speed items. In order your going to have Berserker's Greaves, Blade of the Ruined King, Guinsoo's Rageblade, Runaan's Hurricane, and Phantom Dancer. Phantom Dancer will be built for surivability due to the 12% damage reduction it grants.
- So because of the focus on Attack Speed, your damage is going to be primarily on-hit. Here you are going to have Blade of the Ruined King for percentage health damage, and Guinsoo's Rageblade for hybrid damage as well as the passive double on hit damage every other auto attack. For your last item you will build your Last Whisper item situationaly for either more damage or to inflict grievous wounds.
- Do this every game, period. Basically you max Piercing Arrow first for sniping potential and heavy poke damage. Then Max Blighted Quiver second because its free damage and the mid game power spike with the percent max HP damage helps with Chain of Corruption synergy. Max Hail of Arrows last and as always, Chain of Corruption at 6, 11, and 16.
- This is your Primary Damage combo. Remember that your Blighted Quiver stacks max at 3 on an enemy so try and get them to 3 before using an ability to pop them. Otherwise auto attack when you can and when trading use your abilities to get off the Blighted Quiver stacks that you can. This combo only represents the ideal trade.
- Other than the combo seen above please use the Advanced League Tips video I provided for using Varus's Chain of Corruption
*AA = auto attack
- High Damage, both Burst and Sustain
- Blighted Quiver Stacks deal Percent Max HP damage
- Chain of Corruption can lock down an entire team for 2 seconds per person
- Sniping capabilities with Piercing Arrow
- Low mobility
- Lacks lots of damage when behind
- Can get poked easily
- Relies heavily on positioning