Build Guide by WeeDMonsTeR
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Jarvan IV Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hi to all i was looking for build in jungle but didnt find or mb i didnt look very good all build, whatever i try one game in jungle and wasn't bad choise at all, let me show you how i did it.
Well i start with+3after that start with low minions like wolfs or other 4 near midle turret, after you get some gold go forandthen go for red and blue one, after that you will be able to easy kill some1 still you have to finish it toif there is guys who stack's hp other way you can buildpretty awesome item for jungling + free ward every 3 min. Start building your Trinity force you will need some hp,mana and attack + move speed. If there is Some bad *** tanky guys go forthis 40% armor pen will help you alot. Then we will have go for damage for sure start buildor if you have some extra goldon attack you reduce your target armor by 15 for 5 second (3 stacks) wich is alot, and finaly i get+100 dmg and some life steal but its good mostly cuz of the damage it gives.
- Greater Mark of Desolation
+1.67 armor penetration
- Greater Quintessence of Desolation
+3.32 armor penetration
- Greater Seal of Alacrity
+0.76% attack speed
- Greater Glyph of Celerity
-0.05% cooldowns per level (0.9 at champion level 18)
OR ANOTHER WAY IS
- Greater Glyph of Warding
+1.49 magic resist
- Greater Mark of Desolation +1.67 armor penetration
- Greater Quintessence of Desolation
+3.32 armor penetration
- Greater Seal of Evasion
This Is The Items You can Use on Him
- 25 Attack Speed. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2
- 25 Armor, 40 Attack Speed, 30 Attack Damage. UNIQUE Passive: On hit, deals Magic Damage equal to 4% of the target's maximum Health.
- 30 Attack Speed, 30 Attack Damage, 30 Ability Power, 15 Critical Strike Chance, 250 Health, 250 Mana, 12 Movement Speed. UNIQUE Passive: 25% chance on hit to slow the target by 35% for 2.5 seconds; on cast, increases your base Attack Damage by 150% for one attack.
- 30 Attack Damage, 15 Critical Strike Chance. UNIQUE Passive: +20 Armor Penetration 15% Cooldown Reduction. UNIQUE Active: You gain +20% movespeed and +50% attack speed for 4 seconds. Attacking enemy units with melee attacks increases the duration by 2 to a maximum of 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown.
- 60 Attack Damage, 25 Life Steal. Passive: Gain an additional 1 Physical Damage and 0.25% Lifesteal per kill. Maximum of +40 Damage and 10% Lifesteal. Bonuses are lost upon death.
30 Attack Speed, 55 Attack Damage. Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Armor by 15 for 5 seconds, (maximum 3 stacks).
- 20 Attack Damage, 700 Health. UNIQUE Passive: Physical attacks reduce your target's Movement Speed for 2.5 seconds.
- 35 Attack Damage, 30 Magic Resist. UNIQUE Passive: If you would take Magic Damage which would leave you at less than 30% of your Maximum Health, you first gain a shield which absorbs 300 Magic Damage for 4 seconds. 45 second cooldown.
- 40 Attack Damage. UNIQUE Passive: Attacks penetrate 40% of the defender's armor.
25 Armor, 12 Dodge. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2
- 25 Magic Resist. UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2 and reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, sleeps, and immobilizes by 35%.
55 Attack Speed, 30 Critical Strike Chance, 15 Movement Speed.
- 920 Health, 30 Health Per 5 Sec. Passive: Permanently gain 4.5 health and .15 health regen per 5 sec per minion kill. Champion kills and assists grant 45 health and 1.5 health Regen per 5 sec. Bonuses cap at +450 health, and +15 health Regen per 5.
40 Attack Speed, 30 Magic Resist. UNIQUE Passive: Physical Attacks remove up to 42 mana from the target and deal additional damage equal to the amount of mana removed.
- 30 Armor, 23 Attack Damage, 14 Life Steal. UNIQUE Passive: 20% chance on attack to deal 500 damage to a minion. UNIQUE Active: Places an invisible ward with 1100 range sight and lasts for 3 minutes. 3 minute cooldown.
- 20 Attack Speed. UNIQUE Aura: Gives nearby allied Champions 20% Lifesteal, 20% Attack Speed, and 30 Health per 5 seconds regenerated. Reduces the Armor of nearby enemy champions by 20.
80 Armor, 300 Health, 25 Health Per 5 Sec. UNIQUE Passive: 5% Cooldown Reduction and 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speed by 35% for 3 seconds. UNIQUE Active: Slows movement speeds and attack speeds of surrounding units by 35% for 2 seconds + 0.5 seconds for each 100 Armor and Magic Resist. 60 second cooldown.
- 56 Magic Resist. Active: Removes all debuffs from your character. 105 second cooldown.
- 75 Attack Damage, 20 Critical Strike Chance. UNIQUE Passive: Critical hits now deal 250% damage instead of 200%.
- 18 Armor, 270 Health, 24 Magic Resist. UNIQUE Aura: +12 Armor / +15 Magic Resistance / +8 Damage to nearby allied units.
- Martial Cadence
Jarvan IV's first attack on his target deals 10% of the target's current health as bonus magic damage, this caps at 400 damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 6 seconds.
- Dragon Strike
Jarvan IV extends his lance through his opponent, dealing 70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+1.10 per bonus attack damage) physical damage and lowering their armor by 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26% for 3 seconds. If its lance contacts his standard it will pull Jarvan IV to its location, knocking up all enemies in his path.
Cooldown 9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 seconds | Cost 40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 mana |
- Golden Aegis
Jarvan IV forges a shield protecting him for 50 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 (+20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 per nearby enemy champion) damage for 5 seconds and slowing surrounding enemies by 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35% for 2 seconds upon activation. The shield adds more mitigation for every enemy champion nearby when activating.
Cooldown 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 seconds | Cost 75 mana |
- Demacian Standard
Passive: Grants Jarvan a bonus 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26% attack speed and 10 / 14 / 18 / 22 / 26 armor.
Active: Jarvan IV throws a Demacian flag to a nearby area, dealing magic damage to enemies in the area and granting his passive benefits to nearby allies and again to himself for 8 seconds.
Cooldown 12 seconds | Cost 60 mana |
Jarvan IV heroically leaps at his target, dealing physical damage and creating a circle of terrain around them for a few seconds.
Playing with Jarvan or vs Him
Playing with him You can use the Dragon Strike / Demacian Standard combo to get out of your own Cataclysm arenas. Split your basic attacks on different champions at the beginning of fights to maximize damage. Use Demacian Standard as a scouting tool when worried about incoming enemies.
Playing vs Him Keep out of the path between Jarvan IV and his Standard to avoid being knocked up. Cataclysm's terrain is a frightening force to fight against, but movement abilities can go through it.
Have your team aware of who they need to burst down (if you have no ranged then do not open on that target with your ultimate)
1. Open withonto the target you and your team are burning down.
2. Dropeither inside the Cataclysm or just outside (towards where the enemy are running from you)
3. Usesoon after you drop your flag to slow everyone around you, and prevent some incoming damage.
4. Aswears off your enemy is most likely running from you, now do yourto your flag and knock up everyone in your path.
5. Use items such asto further slow enemies from escaping or chasing down your squishies.
Be aware thatwill trap allys inside as well, and multiple enemies if they are close enough. Making AOE a great thing to have on your team.
Pros / Cons
+ Great Initiation abilities (Ultimate for trapping in enemies, knock up, aoe slow)
+ Great support abilities (armor pen, aoe slow, knock up)
+ Can be very tanky
+ Ultimate is amazing for chasing down/trapping enemies for your team to eat them up
- Requires at least some sort of team work (so public games its ill advised to go tank Jarvan)
- No stun
- Unreliable ultimate, as it can trap allies inside it, or even glitch out if an enemy flashes
Clean Bonuses on lvl up
Health 2040 at 18 (510 + 90/level)
Mana 775 at 18 (265 + 30/level)
Armor 68 at 18 (17 + 3/level)
Magic Resist 52.5 at 18 (31.25 + 1.25/level)
Critical Chance 0%
Health Per 5 Sec 4.02 at 18 (1.64 + 0.14/level)
Mana Per 5 Sec 2.9 at 18 (1.37 + 0.09/level)
Some words about him
As the royal family of Demacia for centuries, members of the Lightshield line have spent their lives waging war against any who opposed Demacian ethics. It is said that every Lightshield is born with anti-Noxian sentiment in his blood. Jarvan IV is no exception, even though he is the first Lightshield born to the age of the League of Legends. As his forefathers had before him, he led Demacian troops into bloody engagements with Noxian forces, and on many occasions he has bled alongside wounded allies and fallen comrades. In his most crushing defeat, he was outmaneuvered and captured by a Noxian battalion under the command of Jericho Swain. This mistake nearly cost him his life at the hands of Urgot, but he was rescued by the Dauntless Vanguard, an elite Demacian strike force led by Jarvan's childhood companion, Garen.
Those close to him believed that his capture changed him. Xin Zhao was quoted as saying: ''His eyes never seemed to look at you, only through you to something he could not look away from.'' One day, without warning, Jarvan IV handpicked a squad of Demacian soldiers and left Demacia, vowing to find ''atonement''. He began by tracking and hunting the most dangerous beasts and bandits he could find in northern Valoran, but he soon tired of such prey. Seeking something that only he understood, he ventured south of the Great Barrier. He wasn't heard from again for nearly two years. After many had assumed the worst, he returned to glorious fanfare on the streets of Demacia. His Demacian plates were adorned with the bones and scales of creatures unknown. His eyes bore the wisdom of someone twice his age. Of the twelve soldiers who had departed with him, only two returned. In a tone as cold and steady as steel, he swore to bring the enemies of Demacia to their knees.
''There is only one truth, and you will find it at the point of my lance.''
- the ''last words'' of Jarvan IV at his failed execution