Build Guide by Krackin
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Master Yi Build
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
With this build you should be able to kill any champion you face 1v1. This particular version is built more towards stopping the other teams DPS/Tanks/Carry's in their tracks.
You can easily take on a team full of casters that have cc as well, as this build can let you:
1. Cleanse and chase. (Can be done twice under right circumstance)
2. Cleanse and run. (Can be done twice under right circumstance)
3. Have 5 forms of of catching/escaping:
B. Youmuu's Ghostblade Active
E. Alpha Strike
4. Still have a incredible amount of dodge while being able to swap out Ninja Tabi's for Mercury Tread's if the opposing team has more than 3 champions with cc.
5. Be the fastest moving champion on the map end game.
1. Once the majority of the items are bought squishys are generally killed within 2-3 hits.
2. Once the majority of the items are bought tanks will not be able to put up with the armor penetration and critical hits.
3. Just enough armor to keep other DPS players from even coming close to focusing you without losing the battle.
4. Turret destroyer to the max:
A. Pop Wuju, hit turret & pop Youmuu's Ghostblade Active.
B. Use Highlander/Cleanse+Ghost to escape if needed.
C. If escape not needed:
1. Use Meditate to recover hitpoints.
2. Attack minions/jungle monster to heal.
D. Rinse and repeat. (Remember to always watch the map carefully while doing this)
Ability/Attack Order for Ganks:
2. Alpha Strike
3. Auto Attack
4. Youmuu's Ghostblade Active
6. Alpha Strike
7. Err......No use in beating a dead horse
For all of you tacticians that love math like I do, these next few lines are for you:
104.8% Critical Chance = Always Critical Hit
Lvl 18 Base Attack Speed = 1.216 (Attacks Per Second)
Total Items Attack Speed = 90% Increase
Youmuu's Ghostblade Active Attack Speed = 50% Increase
Highlander Attack Speed = 40-80% Increase
90%+50%+80% = 220% Increase in Attack Speed for 8 Seconds
1.216*2.2 = 2.68 Attacks Per Second for 8 Seconds
Theoretical Attack Damage = 319 (No armour, or armour penetration equations)
Critical Strike Damage Bonus = 250%
319*2.5 = 798 Theoretical Damage Done On Critical Hit
2.68*798 = 2,137 Theoretical Damage Done Per Second
Lifesteal Bonus = 25-35%
2,137*0.35 = 748 Theoretical Life Stolen Per Second
Time in Seconds = 8
8*2,137 = 17,096 Theoretical Damage Done in 8 Seconds
8*748 = 5,984 Theoretical Life Stolen in 8 Seconds
Average Hp of Champions = 3,800
17,096/3,800 = 4.5 Theoretically Dead Champions in 8 Seconds
IN SUMMARY: Yi can divide by 0
Let me know what you think. Bad Rep or Good Rep, It's my first build on here, and I'm clearly not done with this description, but I'm tired and need some sleep. Enjoy :)
(***IMPORTANT***) More updates to description to come! (***IMPORTANT***)
Current as of 11/06/10