Build Guide by 2ofSpades
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
This build is intended to pay homage to HotshotGG, in my opinion one of the best Nidalee players in LoL. This is the basic build that I have seen him use, with some minor tweaks of my own.
What you want:
- You want to take mid because you need to reach level 6 ASAP. Once you're level 6, and have 'Aspect of the Cougar' this is when your killing potential comes into play.
- You want RAGEBLADE, this item will help you attack faster, while synergizing with your heal. Also, while in Cougar form you will always be able to maintain the 8 stacks.
- You want a team with a solid amount of CC. With a team with heavy CC such as Amumu or Veigar, you'll be able to easily pounce, swipe and takedown enemy champions with ease.
- You want to max your heal first. This will allow for survivability and great tower pushing.
- You want Flash/Ghost. Best combo as it provides great escapes and great chasing. This will allow you to hunt down enemies while being almost unkillable, barring a 3-5 man gank with heavy CC.
What you don't want:
- You don't want to build Lich Bane until you have Zhonya's. Once your Zhonya's is complete, you'll do far greater damage, with higher AP... Duh.
- Javelin toss at level 1. You need to focus on last hitting at early game, and javelin won't allow you to harass enemy champions unless it's from max range, plus it wastes mana, overall, heal is much better.
- You don't want to initiate a fight, you are much better at cleaning up.
- You don't want Heal or Clarity, Doran's ring provides enough mana regen for early game, and your heal HEALS enough early game. Just don't even bother with these useless summoner skills.
Just farm up as much as possible, attack the enemy champion as much as you can, just don't over extend. The goal of early game Nidalee is to farm up and get level 6 ASAP.
Put traps in the brushes in mid to make sure you don't get ganked if your team fails to call MIA.
You want merc treads ASAP especially if the enemy team is CC heavy, otherwise Rageblade is your priority. By the time you're level 6, if a enemy champion is at half health or lower, you should have a free kill. You want to pounce onto the champion, swipe and activate takedown, then attack. If not dead, then pounce should be off cooldown. Flash into pounce is a good way to take enemies by surprise. If they're almost dead, you just try and skill shot with javelin.
Once you have rageblade you can easily push tower, your attack speed will be godly easily melting towers.
Once your Sheen and Zhonya's are done, the game is usually over. Stay with the team and try and poke at champions with javelin toss, stay in human form as long as you can before going Cougar. Try and hit as many champs with Swipe as possible. Alt between both forms to cast heal and lay traps.
Both buffs greatly help Nidalee.
Nidalee can solo Dragon pretty easily once you have cougar.
If you're not mid, try and lane with someone with CC.
After Lich Bane you can either get more AP or get some survivability, such as BV or GA.
Runes, I'm not sure of, right now I'm trying Armor Pen - Red, Dodge - Yellow, MR/Lvl - Blue and flat health Quints.