This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
He ventured into the desert without supplies, drawn by the lure of a specious charm. His destination: a lost civilization to the east, known to ancient texts as Icathia. Few believed such a place ever existed, and those who did were certain that the sands had long since devoured whatever remained. When Malzahar's cracked feet finally failed him, he found himself kneeling at the base of a bizarre crumbling obelisk. Beyond it lain the alien geometry of a ruined city and the giant decaying idols of dark and horrific gods. His eyes, seeing what others cannot, and what none should, were filled with the essence of the Void. His once shifting visions of the future were replaced with the immutable promise of Valoran beset by creatures of the Void. Standing alone, but not alone, amidst the echoing dunes, he noticed the familiar voice escape his own lips in a parched rasp, bearing three words whose weight trembled his knees: League of Legends. Now infused with the power of the void itself, Malzahar set off to the north to seek his fate.
Malzahar opens two portals to the void. After a short delay, they fire projectiles that deal 80/135/190/245/300 (+0.8) magic damage and silence champions for 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6/3 seconds.
*Great way to change a team fight/gank. Silencing the CC'er, the carry etc.
Null Zone - Malzahar creates a zone of negative energy which damages enemies that stand in it.
Malzahar creates a zone of negative energy for 5 seconds. The zone damages nearby enemies for 4/5/6/7/8% (+0.01%) of their max health each second (damage to Monsters is capped).
*Not as great early game which is why I don't level till late game. Very effective when you have a lot of AP.
Malefic Visions - Malzahar infects his target's mind with cruel visions of their demise, dealing damage each second. If the target dies while afflicted by the visions, they pass on to a nearby enemy unit and Malzahar gains mana. Malzahar's Voidlings are attracted to affected units.
Malzahar infects his target's mind, dealing 80/140/200/260/320 (+0.8) magic damage over 4 seconds.
If the target dies during this time, the visions pass to a nearby enemy and Malzahar gains 10/14/18/22/26 mana.
Malzahar's Voidlings are attracted to affected units.
*This is you're farming/mana regen. method. Learn to use it as well as destroy your lane with it.
Nether Grasp - Malzahar channels the essence of the Void to suppress his target and deal damage each second.
Malzahar channels the essence of the Void to suppress his target as well as deal 250/400/550 (+1.3) magic damage over 2.5 seconds.
*Amazing when you need to pin down someone (Tank, gankee, CC'er) I try not to use it as much with squishies since they die almost instantly to an E + Q combo.
Passive: Summon Voidling - After casting 4 spells, Malzahar summons an uncontrollable Voidling to engage enemy units for 21 seconds. Voidlings have 200 + 50 x lvl Health and 20 + 5 x lvl Damage.
Voidlings Grow after 7 seconds (+50% Damage/Armor), and Frenzy after 14 seconds (+100% Attack Speed).
*Both pros and cons about this little guy.
Last Hitting (Both Kill and Minion)
Barely anyone notices/focuses while in team fights
Follows you around so you can be easily tracked.
Any DoT on it will most likely end up on you if you let it follow you too much.
- Keep in lane as much as you can and far with that E. It helps with early game farm a lot and also can help keeps minions off your tower.
- Make sure you keep you're mana AT MOST around half way point (important for ganks and what not)
- Ward Early Game: Place the ward around wolves where you can see them. When the enemy jungler goes to kill them, go over and E + Q + Ignite combo as he attacks them. Make sure you hit level 2 before hand! You'll most likely end up with first blood or you'll steal his jungle and throw him off which will help with an early gank proble. THIS IS NOT FOR EVERYONE! This is only a strat that I saw helped. It doesn't fit everyone's play style.
- Speaking of ward... WARD WARD WARD! Idc if you're carrying the game by 8 mins, 5-0-0 with 100 minion kills. Malzahar is just that weak and will be easily screwed w.o a ward or two.
- Deathfire Combo: Yes it can work. I've used it before and it's very effective. I personally don't like it anymore because... well i have no excuse for that. It's just not my style anymore.