This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
Skarner is fairly weak early in the game, so until lvl 6 I suggest you AVOID any confrontation except for ganks and first blood.
This build makes Skarner a very fast scorpion. So much that, if he weren't a scorpion, he'd easily be confused with SpeedyGonzales, or RoadRunner. This build makes Skarner tanky in the lategame, but until you finish Shurelya, he will die if you dive in carelessly. He works better once the tank dove in the enemy team to get all the damage, or by ambush from a bush or out of the jungle. And always go in with the exoskelet skill for the shield and speed. You need it to grab the squishy and get him as far into your team as you can.
Once your ulti has been landed and you got the squishy in the middle use your Q to slow him and give that extra dmg thanx to Sheen. So spam it(your Q) like crazy!
If you're up against two opposing players on top, be safe though, as Skarner is squishy in the early game.
* Ulti is used at maxx capacity, so you can get a lot of focus targets down quick.
* Tanky in late game.
* All that speed increases Skarner's survivability, and even if slowed, he can make decent getaway.
* Good ganking capability, even higher than a jungler Skarner at some occasions.
* Speed improves the chance you get to slow your enemies.
* Squishy(has a talent to get beat up)Late Early and Mid Game.
* The Core Items are kinda expensive, so you have to really farm early game. So much that you may even consider getting fracture first(your E skill) to farm better.