This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
supporting with a really rly relly bad support [Zilean S4]
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
I'm interested in unpopular picks and watch streams of them all in Diamond/Challenger games to see how those champions are played, and seeing Zileans with this build actually seem to have a big impact lategame. This isn't a long guide and I have no real credibility but I can guarantee this is an effective and really fun way to play Zilean.
There are some supports to watch out for, like supports with hard engages. In cases like this, try to poke from safe areas (behind minions vs Blitz) and survive the lane. If they hard engage you after 6, your ulti will be really useful.
Poke with bombs and auto attacks, don't over extend and beware of your own squishiness.
You'll want to stick with your ADC and keep them safe/net kills with them. As long as you're both positioning well with sight, no one will be able to 1v2, 2v2 or chase you both down for kills.
- Great poke champ, has a good advantage in lane with his AA range
- Speedups and slows for disengaging, makes poking feel safe in most instances
- A free Guardian Angel for anyone on your team at lvl 6
- Ridiculous damage in lategame teamfights
- Fairly strong laner as people don't know how to deal with his poke
- Cool passive. Your laners will usually hit lvl 2 & 6 first, two milestones in the laning phase. Will also help your team get back in the game when behind.
- Mana intensive champ
- Squishy as hell
- Offers no REAL utility to the team. Don't pick Zilean if you have little CC in your composition or you'll lose teamfights
- Does little damage as well as offering nothing in midgame
- Not a strong support for all-ins, can't protect ADC before 6 very easily
- You won't feel any power 'til lategame unless your enemy laner is a baddy
- Generally not enough damage, CC, gap closers or tankiness to be considered good in the current meta.
Pick Zilean if you want to play a whacky old guy who clocks people out with his bombs.
Disclaimer, I'm a terrible gold player and made this for a friend so she could play Zilean better than she did.
(May add more to this soon about matchups & such)