This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Trolling with MF - AP Fun [With Comment to Vote]
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
NOTE: Yes, this is a repost of my earlier AP MF guide. I tested out not requiring commenting to vote and there are too many trollers. Hopefully, with commenting required, the build will show it's true colors.
WTF!!! Why would anyone want to troll!!! Well, I really felt that some may not accept what I would call it, so I put what those some might say. I call it playful fun for NORMAL GAMES ONLY!!! Let me state this again... NORMAL GAMES ONLY!!! This is not viable at all in ranked(AD MF will always trump this in ranked) compared to the other way you can build her. Others (cough cough.... teammates... cough...) may call this a joke and you a troll. Do not take any offense from this. Sadly, this build is actually viable to some degree, but must be used only in circumstances in which AP is sorely needed or the game is just for fun.
Do not be alarmed, though. You can still use this build anytime you feel like it. Just consider first if it fits well with the team.
Here is why.
Marks: Magic Penetration helps up the damage of 75% of your skills(not including passive). It makes sense to grab these as an AP MF.
Seals: Flat Mana Regeneration is needed because, even though the per level ones are better in the end, these are only needed for early game when you don't have a Tear of the Goddess. Later, the mana regeneration from Archangel's is enough.
Glyphs: Cooldown per level is gotten because you don't need them really until mid-late game, when you have skills and need to spam them more often. Early game, you are concentrating on farming, so spamming skills is not needed.
Quintessenses: Flat AP is gotten because the need for your skills to damage a little more than the base. Base damage for all of your skills is horrible...
- This skill isn't as useful for this build, unless you get a Lich Bane, of course. But, it is still nice for harassment and the extra DPS. I would also use this to make sure you get those last hits on minions. Your choice.
- Impure Shots - Passive: Miss Fortune deals 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 (+5% of ability power) magic damage to her target with each attack, cumulatively stacking up to 4 times on the same target.
Active: Miss Fortune's attack speed is increased by 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 / 50% for 6 seconds and causes her attacks to lower healing received and health regeneration by the target by 50%.
- Great skill for an AP MF that gets attack speed. Even for one that doesn't. The damage is a nice bonus and can really help to crush a pesky Rammus that stacks ONLY armor. If you find a tank that is only getting health and armor, you just found yourself your holy grail. That tank will die very quickly to your many hits with Impure Shots bonus damage stacking up. Also, this skill can help to own any health regeneration based champion. (Cough... cough cough cough... Dr. Mundo and Fiddlesticks cough...) I love this skill!
- Make it Rain - Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 95 / 155 / 210 / 275 / 335 (+80% of ability power) magic damage over 2 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40% for 1.5 seconds.
- Wonderful slow and one of your main damage abilities with this build. You will end up using this often. Great synergy with your ultimate. Just plop this down directly on them and fire with them at the middle (or near it) with your ultimate and kiss goodbye about half their health if they don't have any extra magic resist. Then it is easy pickems!
ULTIMATE -- Bullet Time - Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her for 2 seconds, dealing 60 / 85 / 110 plus the higher value between (+20% of ability power) or (50% of weapon damage) magic damage per bullet.
- What a wonderful ultimate. This is probably the best ultimate with an organized team. This is also the best ultimate against an unorganized team. But, when faced with a very organized team with a very unorganized team, you probably won't pubstomp with just this. But, if it counts, this can still be used well to finish people off and just own everyone else. What else is there to say???
PASSIVE -- Strut - Miss Fortune gains an additional 25 movement speed after 7 seconds of not being attacked, increasing each second up to 80 maximum bonus speed.
- Hammer time, anyone? This makes her such a good solo laner. With this passive, she has the ability to get in and out quickly while dodging enemy skill shots. This is also the reason she never has to start with boots.
Not much to say here. You start with Make it Rain to use your early AP to harass like mad. Grab Double Up at level 2 to help with harassment in lane and minion farming. At 3, you get Impure Shots. Then, follow the diagram above. Bullet Time whenever you can, while maxing Make it Rain first, followed by Impure Shots, since those actually scale with AP.
The sixth item could be either a needed situational item or a Rabadon's Deathcap if you are really winning. Banshee's is great if they are crowd control heavy. Force of Nature is good if they don't have amazing CC and are AP based. Thornmail for AD heavy teams. So on and so forth. Check out one of my other guides for more details on them