This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page
Your votes and comments encourage our guide authors to continue
creating helpful guides for the League of Legends community.
This is my first build i created, so be gentle. Give me any constructive criticism.
1. boots of speed + 3 health potions-
The boots help you keep your speed higher than all enemies and the health potions help you lane a lot longer while still being aggresive, thats the keyword btw.
I get sheen second always. By the time i get sheen around 10 minutes in, thats when the aggressive ganking and laning begins. By this time my mark of the assassin combo takes around half of a squishy's life. When lich bane comes next i might as well be a killing machine, and the real fun starts.
boots of mobility is good if the team doesn't have any cc. if they do then mercury treads are the way to go
4. rylais crystal septer-
This item in my personal opinion is a must have for akali. I see a lot of hextech revolver and gunblades early on but Rylai's is too important for here especially in the mid game. The ap plus the slow you get is too good. This and lich bane I learned are the most important items to get for akali.
5. Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, Gunblade-
Its your choice here what to get. I usually go with the deathcap here for its sheer amount of ap. Void staff is for magic penetration. The gunblade is self explanatory. It doesn't really matter tho since after lich bane and rylais, there is no reason to fret about another single item.
p.s. Whenever I go back to the shop, I always pick up 3 health potions. This helps me throughout the game for what little health i need to finish off a weak opponent.
I shouldn't have to describe her attacks. If you've been researching them then you should know what they do.
Akali is the best at combos and killing her opponent with it. My personal fave is Q onto an opponent then normal attacking them. Then throw an E and maybe another Q combo. If they run away, just shadow dance and continue that combo. If they have more health than you or more defense, just throw a twilight shroud in there and now you have a automatic advantage for 8 seconds.
-Twilight Shroud- This is my favorite ability by far. I use this attack whenever i can, even if there is just minions around me. This attack maxed out gives you stealth for one, and up to 50 armor and magic resistance, and enemies are slowed by up to 30%. You can use this for anything.
1. Let's say your opponents are tower diving with an army of minions. Just throw a twilight shroud and shadow dance yourself in there. Combo with an E attack and that army is pretty much gone, with you still pretty much stealth ed inside your shroud.
2. Let's say one of your teammates are weak and running away from a group of enemies. You throw your bubble( shroud) and now he's stealthed. Enemies are slowed and you can also kill one of them if you want. Your defense is really good inside of it so you can deal a lot of damage without any consequences.
3. let's say your chasing a weak enemy champion. You throw a bubble and slow him enough for you to Q him and shadow dance him to death. There's another kill for the assassin akali.
I know a lot of people don't like maxing out twilight shroud and instead max out their E, Crescent Slash instead. I don't see Crescent Slash as anything but a farming tool. The problem with that is Akali is not a farmer, she's an assassin. Assassins are good at stealth and thats what the shroud does for her. Her bubble can be a good offense, Defense, and escape. The perfect utility. When you learn how to use it like that, I guarantee that you will be a better akali player.
When I farm, it's always after I get my lich bane and trying to my rylais septer. Learn to farm without getting ganked because it will happen. That's another reason why twilight shroud is akali's best ablility.