Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAVERSE Gallery

Creator: JEFFY40HANDS January 7, 2012 11:50am
4126 posts - page 196 of 413
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2012 11:01pm | Report

Just whipped this up, I need to work on it a bit more I think. Try to create some drama with lighting (go back in burn/dodge as needed)

I keep trying to get this whole smudging thing down, but it's tough. Anyway, CnC?

Oh and "Bumblbee Shogun" is how the text reads if anyone struggles with it....

EDIT: Gotta touch up the bg a bit...Lately I've been spamming a texture into my sigs because I like the effect, this time I screwed around more with the overall size and positioning more. I feel like Im beating a dead horse with it...But damn it, the effect looks good to me. I'll have to tool around with lighting more (as I said) but more about the glow I want to create so it looks like the armor is lit by it...Not "totally" enveloped....@_@ BLAHHHH I want to get better, but I feel like I'm hitting a plateau, I want to elevate my sigs..I just gotta keep at it I guess.

Offset your sig from the center - that way you have lots of room for fancy text and a developed BG. I see a black line above the render's head but besides the illegible text, daz naice :3

@Vast
Your render isn't blended with the tag BG at all. Cutting off the render of a popout sig makes it look half-baked. Text needs to be at thirds. Lose the border as well. Do something with the stock image BG; snoozeville atm.

@Grey - Wish I could use cinema or w/e program you're using to render such nice fractals/3D shapes.

I'm currently working on a banner animation - got the backbone done; just need to flush out the details and actually open PS to finish the objects. Don't know why imageshack adds markings :/

Neighbourhood GFX Troll.

I critique/troll signatures as well as make them
here.
My DeviantArt
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 12:44am | Report
Thanks sarcasm. I appreciate the consistently insightful critiques you give me. Im touching up the dante sig from the other day too. For some reason im infatuated with centering my renders, at least when i feel they have a symetrical nature. I was working on a smaller scale this time to boot. I usually use 475x175 this time it was 450x125 i think, so i had less space to fill (not an overall bad thing) but that also meant any unblended stock edges were harder to spot.

As for the text, i went small...probably too small or at the very least the font for "shogun" is harder to read due to its shape. The font is "here be dubstep" i like the oddness of it, overall to improve my text ill need more gradient packs/fonts themselves/and improve my layouts. By off centering my next set of sigs ill most likely achieve or at least get closer to "awesome text".

@vast: you dont emphasize the left to right flow at all, the render just crowds the overall composition and leaves little to no room for "unleashing the flow". Your text detracts from the focal point by...well becoming the focal point, id have slid it under the pulse cannon in order to keep the viewer's eye moving with the flow. The font fits the sig relatively well but the size just diminishes the attractiveness it could have brought. The "hanging over" pieces of ez, though rather interesting lose appeal because of your border. If youre using photoshop (although i would think youre using GIMP, an excellent program for the 0 dollar price tag), you can create a new layer, go to image, then apply image, then go to filter, sharpen, set the now sharpened layer from 30 to 50 percent opacity (i typically use 30 percent) it will improve the overall clarity of the piece. Originally i used to use a similar style where id "break the edge" with the render, can be cool but it eventually loses in terms of overall presentation. Overall id give your sig a 6 or 7 out of 10. My opinion is just that, take it how you will, im always happy to see new people in the sig forums, mainy because i get to watch their styles evolve with time.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 10:03am | Report

Thanks sarcasm. I appreciate the consistently insightful critiques you give me. Im touching up the dante sig from the other day too. For some reason im infatuated with centering my renders, at least when i feel they have a symetrical nature. I was working on a smaller scale this time to boot. I usually use 475x175 this time it was 450x125 i think, so i had less space to fill (not an overall bad thing) but that also meant any unblended stock edges were harder to spot.

As for the text, i went small...probably too small or at the very least the font for "shogun" is harder to read due to its shape. The font is "here be dubstep" i like the oddness of it, overall to improve my text ill need more gradient packs/fonts themselves/and improve my layouts. By off centering my next set of sigs ill most likely achieve or at least get closer to "awesome text".

@vast: you dont emphasize the left to right flow at all, the render just crowds the overall composition and leaves little to no room for "unleashing the flow". Your text detracts from the focal point by...well becoming the focal point, id have slid it under the pulse cannon in order to keep the viewer's eye moving with the flow. The font fits the sig relatively well but the size just diminishes the attractiveness it could have brought. The "hanging over" pieces of ez, though rather interesting lose appeal because of your border. If youre using photoshop (although i would think youre using GIMP, an excellent program for the 0 dollar price tag), you can create a new layer, go to image, then apply image, then go to filter, sharpen, set the now sharpened layer from 30 to 50 percent opacity (i typically use 30 percent) it will improve the overall clarity of the piece. Originally i used to use a similar style where id "break the edge" with the render, can be cool but it eventually loses in terms of overall presentation. Overall id give your sig a 6 or 7 out of 10. My opinion is just that, take it how you will, im always happy to see new people in the sig forums, mainy because i get to watch their styles evolve with time.

lol you're way to lenient

Neighbourhood GFX Troll.

here.
My DeviantArt
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 2:24pm | Report
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 3:22pm | Report
That is sexy nade
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 3:52pm | Report
ty
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 6:33pm | Report
holy **** this file is huge

Finished animation: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?e4y377dyemoyp7f

Neighbourhood GFX Troll.

here.
My DeviantArt
Malin
<Member>
Malin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 7:24pm | Report
teemo teeeemo teeeeeeemo
👌👌👌👌👌👌 pc master race 👌👌👌👌👌👌
Vastrose
<Member>
Vastrose's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2012 10:12pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback, I try to get as much feedback as I can (I use Sig-labs too) - I'll make another one soon.
Greynade
<Member>
Greynade's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 16, 2012 9:16pm | Report

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide