Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Senior Shirt Design

Creator: Nyoike December 26, 2011 9:16pm
30 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
RamenL
<Member>
RamenL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 11:34am | Report
And what if he put another ****ty color and wasted more time, what if he fail centered it.

Yaya, Im great, dont flatter me babe :D

D/w Jeff I like u, a lot of people hate me, but I am not of this world. So its k!
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 12:04pm | Report

The text feels out of place and awkward to me. As well the font is underwhelming. Granted Text isn't my strong suit.

I'd either frame the mascot by putting your type above and below the image as half circles. Does that make sense?

Or outside of the wings still following their curve (underneath the wing span). Inside the negative space of the wings just makes it too distracting for me and doesn't allow the shape or meaning of the words to come across unmolested. It just looks out of place.

I like the design that was chosen, miss the background somewhat but it keeps the image simple.

However what type of print process are you going with? If the image is going to be raised (as in you can feel it with your hands) or is it going to be flush with the shirt? Because that will dictate how much cleaning up you'll have to do.

Overall I like what you've got going. As long as you're pleased with the end result that is all that matters. ^_^

Yeah, I'll monkey with the text some more, and we were thinking just flush with the shirt.

And @Ramen, your faith in me is what gives me strength... [/sarcasm]
To be updated soon!
RamenL
<Member>
RamenL's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 1:55pm | Report
Don't try it, I guarantee it will only destroy everything you've tried. Even though RamenL is the master of everything, clearly.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 2:18pm | Report
I think the font should be something a little more exciting, and I agree the angle should follow the shape of the wings.

I like the colors a lot and feel the need to point out that this design is FAR better than anything we had on our shirts.

ALSO:
I figured out a way to make a straight-on drop shadow for text that you should be able to easily replicate in PS.

It doesn't really matter now, but here's what I did:
I made a solid black clipping mask of the text (you also could just duplicate the text layer and change the color to black, I guess) and put a gaussian blur on it.
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 3:30pm | Report
Mkay, thx for the help with that Nameless, I used to do that in GIMP, but was unable to in PSE8 due to it snapping, even when I didn't have that feature on.

And as for the font, I'll take a look, so far that is the one we liked the best.

And Ramen, I'll pass on trying that, I don't really like it all that much.
To be updated soon!
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 3:38pm | Report
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 4:21pm | Report
omagma wrote:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I still have T-minus 5 hours and 39 minutes...

And extremely random... :I
To be updated soon!
Nyoike
<Member>
Nyoike's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 4:36pm | Report

I think the font should be something a little more exciting, and I agree the angle should follow the shape of the wings.

I like the colors a lot and feel the need to point out that this design is FAR better than anything we had on our shirts.

ALSO:
I figured out a way to make a straight-on drop shadow for text that you should be able to easily replicate in PS.

It doesn't really matter now, but here's what I did:
I made a solid black clipping mask of the text (you also could just duplicate the text layer and change the color to black, I guess) and put a gaussian blur on it.

Also, Nameless, do you know a good font that would work well with this?

I've been looking but meh, not much I find interesting and would work. Preferably freeware or free for commercial use to be on the safe side. Not planning on selling but just wanna be safe.
To be updated soon!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 31, 2011 4:53pm | Report
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide