Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

#1 Caitlyn guide

Creator: Gunnarownsu November 26, 2011 5:32pm
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 3:12pm | Report
Meh. It's quite obvious.

I stand by my opinion.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 3:53pm | Report
I still think your opinion is silly and ridiculous, and you are entitled to feel the same way about what I'm saying.

Think realistically.

All the guy did was post a build.

Just sit back and think about how much harm that's really doing to you.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 3:56pm | Report
OH **** ITS A CAITLYN BUILD WITH ONLY ONE DEFENSIVE ITEM IN IT, LITTLE **** MUST BE CHEATING, IMMA RAPE ALL OF HIS FAMILY AND BEAT UP HIS KIDS, AND THEN AS THE ULTIMATE PUNISHMENT IM GOING TO DOWNVOTE THAT **** BUILD BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT IT MEANS SO MUCH TO HIM JUST LIKE MY BUILD MEANS THAT MUCH TO ME.

[deleted]
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 29, 2011 10:29pm | Report
OH **** ITS NIGHTHAWK AND I HAVEN'T BEEN FOLLOWING THIS ENTIRE CONVERSATION SO IM JUST GOING TO ASSUME THAT FICTIONIZED WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CAITLYN GUIDE TROLOLOLOLOL.

Get your facts straight, please.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 12:27am | Report
This whole thread and the fact that you guys downvoted the **** out of his guide really says a lot about your characters.

Pretty ridiculous of you guys, you ought to be legitimately ashamed.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 1:00am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

This whole thread and the fact that you guys downvoted the **** out of his guide really says a lot about your characters.

Pretty ridiculous of you guys, you ought to be legitimately ashamed.

DuffTime wrote:

I still think your opinion is silly and ridiculous, and you are entitled to feel the same way about what I'm saying.

Think realistically.

All the guy did was post a build.

Just sit back and think about how much harm that's really doing to you.

Yes I will admit that this is a bad thread. However, I am not ashamed of talking about this issue in the forums, and not even for admitting that I downvoted a guide that I thought was bad. Why should I feel shame? I think it is bad, I downvote it. It is as simple as that. My opinions should not be swayed by what other people say to me.

Another thing to consider Duff: people like myself, Fictionized, and many others, take a lot of time and effort to make our guides what they are. we script, format, and spell check the **** out of them to make them presentable and informative. We go around and ask for reviews to make sure others will feel the same way we do about our guides when it comes to conveyance and presentation. we think about not only the build that we normally use on any said champion in any given game, but about other items that we can use for any random situation and explain why.

the people we are talking about are not the best people with not the best guides. and yet some of them are rated higher than guide that deserve to be in the top 5. The TOP 5! all too often generic builds with lousy ordering are boosted to the top 5 of any given champion due to the fact that they say in a low level post game "here is my guide it obviously works" and then people vote on it with out a second thought.

How does this hurt me, and by extension the community? the guides that deserve to have a high visibility get eclipsed by these generic guides that probably took no more than an hour to put together. I personally have spent AT least 12 hours on my Shyvana guide and twice that amount on my other two. Shouldn't my hard work and dedication to the champion and this site be noticed?
[deleted]
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 2:12am | Report
One thing I can live with is the very fact that humanity is stupid. And with that, the majority of this community that votes, downvotes & looks at guides, etc. I am able to live with the fact that I get troll-downvoted like a boss every single time I make a guide.

But I will not allow some piece of **** written guide that hasn't been put any effort into what-so-ever and of which atleast 75% has been copied off of other guides around with no permission get to the top 3 or even 5, OR EVEN 10 spot.

I'm not just downvoting because I know, for a fact, that he got atleast about 10 friends to upvote him without any thought because he wanted a top guide (which it most definitely wasn't). But I am also downvoting because the guide is a piece of **** and it just doesn't deserve a place among the better guides.

It's not all rage and anger. For me, slightly yes, but I re-read myself a couple of times. And I've come to a very distinct conclusion that that isn't even a quarter way of how mad I am about this. Call me stupid, call me over excited or a hater. I just cannot stand this and I am 110% against injustice and unjust actions, deal with it, it's who I am.

I am doing my best here to refrain myself from getting banned by the administrators here. But once again, I will not stand for this ********.

Apologies for my tone,
Fictionized.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 7:55am | Report
[deleted] wrote:

But I will not allow some piece of **** written guide that hasn't been put any effort into what-so-ever and of which atleast 75% has been copied off of other guides around with no permission get to the top 3 or even 5, OR EVEN 10 spot.

Have you ever taken part in some scientific/academic project? When I start doing a research I try to find the base first, something solid, simple, consistent so I know what is the current level of it. Then comes a part when I ask questions and try to find answers, come up with different ideas etc. I would actually expect that base to come to me quick without too much ******** on it and I don't give too much of a **** who wrote it if the criteria of all-around agreement is fulfilled. It's not the case wether the thing is right or wrong, I want to know the current state as quickly as possible. We all agree that the way he built Cait is the most basic way you'd want to do that currently if you started playing her. We could of course argue about it but that's the second part.

The other thing is culture of the research. In most cases author's name gives us clues about what can we expect if we know him and mentioning his name as a source is a form of being well mannered as well. The thing is when you start searching you know **** and it doesn't really matter for you who wrote it, you'll get to know him when you finish and build your preference.

Now, from your statement I conclude you'd like to see this place with a structure of melting lava where the current theory-making is the most important because it pushes things forward. That's quite fine but how do you expect people to actually do it when they don't have solid background based on what has been made till now?

I would expect that kind of basic guides to be on the first place so I can start somewhere and do it quick. More advanced stuff comes later and I also want it to be there because it's a natural process.

PS. All of "why HIS ****ty guide is first" people - your rage only makes you look a bit like if recognition is more important to you than the actual merit. If I did a build/guide I'd do this to get an edge and close something so I could make it stable. Not to share, not to get a review, those things are only good supplements, I'd do this only to have a point of reference in the space that is open and easy to get lost in.
[deleted]
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 8:08am | Report
We're not talking about the Caitlyn guide anymore. Once again, get your facts straight before you comment, people.

Until you do, even if you would have posted the exact same thing, I am not going to reply to this until you get up to date.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2011 8:45am | Report
What I quoted was a direct reference to what I talked about. Don't try to force-rail the topic and give yourself permission to change only when you want. I know what is your issue and get it but it doesn't mean I shouldn't correct the part I consider important. You could consider getting cool a bit or else you may come up inconsistent like you do now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide